Pathos is a roguelike adventure game inspired by the rule set from Nethack. Choose from 13 classes and journey deep into the dungeon. Descend to hell to defeat your nemesis before escaping the dungeon with all the loot you can carry!
- see the full change log in help > updates
- swipe from the left edge to save & quit
- designed for tablets & phones; landscape & portrait
- resurrect and continue
- custom characters
- dungeon adventure & overland quest
- ride your steed into battle
- choose from absurd, classic, geoduck & sonyvanda tiles
- 200+ monsters from Slash'em
- comprehensive help
- hall of fame (top 20)
- turn-based & real-time modes
- French, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Spanish & Brazilian Portuguese translations
Ratings and Reviews
*Dev Response* Custom Char Portraits Frozen
*Edit* : Thanks for the response!
Here's what you can do to reproduce the bug:
• Switch tile set to classic
• Start a run with a new custom character (without a custom portrait, leaving the default portrait)
• End the run early
• Edit the character you just made and choose a new race, class, and gender.
• Finally, Tap outside the race, gender, class selection screen
The portrait should be frozen on the last run's portrait, refusing to change dynamically as you make new gender, race, and class selections.
It might take a few tries to reproduce the bug, i'm sure you'll reproduce it if you follow these steps. I just reproduced it myself so I know it definitely is reproducible.
Thank you so much for your hard work. I hope you'll fix this bug soon!
-original bug report starts below-
bug I found in the most recent update
The portrait doesn't dynamically change when selecting ones gender, race, or class. It remains frozen on the last character you were from your last run. Only when you select your class and proceed to the roll stats screen does the portrait change.
Please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.
*Edit*: thank you for the clear steps to reproduce the issue! I have now fixed and this will be in the next public release. If you'd like to get this sooner I'd be happy to sign you up for the beta channel (just drop me an email if you are interested). It's just more updates, more often, no obligations.
*Edit 2* Would you mind confirming this issue is fixed in the latest update?
Hey sorry about the bug but can you tell me a little bit more? I'm not quite sure how to reproduce the issue from what you have said. More than happy to fix as soon as possible.
Best Roguelike in the app store.
Totally in love with this game. By far one of the most satisfying dungeon crawlers with tons of options for races/classes and countless item types and crafting options. I don’t know of any other crawler where I can craft a semiautomatic rifle, zap enemies with a unicorn horn, get slaughtered in a room full of people summoning devils, eat the corpse of my pet and feel regret, buy a hawaiian shirt, or form an alliance with a kitten. And that was all within just the first couple hours of gameplay.
I only wish my pets didn’t perish so easily :D
Anyone who wants to get into the rougelite genre or Vets wanting a roguelite experience on mobile should get this game. Jumping in, there is a ton of options for classes and races, along with the selection of a pet. From there, you can be a evil necromancer, using your money to buy karma to select boons to raise a undead army to slaughter shop owners and even some underground colonies, taming animals you find, EATING those pets, or sacrificing their corpses at a altar to achieve divine power. There is a lack of monitization and evil practices, which means you MUST get this game now.
- Callan Hodgskin
- 122 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Callan Hodgskin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.