Scanula is a clean, modern, and fast QR code, data matrix, and barcode scanner. There are 3 ways of detecting QR codes:
• Use the Scan tab and point the device’s camera at a QR code
• Tap the photos icon on the top right and of the Scan tab and pick a photo from your photo library*
• Use the share sheet with a URL, webpage, or image, and choose the "Scan for QR Codes" action*
When using the camera Scanula will also detect barcodes, data matrices, and many other scannable codes. Scan results show detailed information about the scanned object and is customized for various types of scanned content, such as displaying a scanned location on a map, getting the balance of a bitcoin address, or showing the details of a contact card.
All information can be easily shared using the built-in share sheet, or by generating a QR code. If your device supports handoff you can easily open URLs on a Mac or another iOS device.
Scanula also makes it easy to find, share, and view previous scan results from the History tab, which displays scan results in reverse scan-date order and can be easily filtered by type of object scanned and by assigning favorites.
• Scan QR codes via:
◦ The camera
◦ Saved images
◦ Any shareable URL or image, including in Safari - Scan a webpage for QR codes
• Scan and detect over 10 different object types, including:
◦ Bitcoin Addresses
◦ Contact Cards
◦ Calendar Events
◦ WiFi Access Points
• Share scanned objects using the built-in share sheet
• Quickly scan using the camera, or via a saved photo or screenshot, directly from the home screen using Quick Actions via 3D Touch
• Handoff Support - Scan a URL on your iOS device and load the URL on your Mac
* Detection of QR codes via images requires an iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, or newer
Version 1.1.2 improves the reliability of animating the screen brightness when viewing QR codes.
Thank you for using Scanula!
Ratings and Reviews
A Great QRL Scanner
Finally a QRL reader which works via iPhone browsers - Firefox in my case. I tried a couple of older scanners on my Georgia automobile license tag renewal without success. Installed this app and launched Firefox. Pressed the little icon at the top right and it opened Scanula which quickly scanned the code from the renewal form. Firefox immediately launched the web site with my info prefilled. Cool app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.