devRant is a fun community for developers to share and bond over their successes and frustrations with code, tech, and life as a programmer!
There are a lot of great technical resources for software developers out there, but not a lot of places you can go where you can talk about your life as a programmer with other people who really understand what’s got you feeling like a coding genius or like you’re surrounded by idiots (ok, maybe both). That place is devRant.
- Setting to show all user avatars as pixelated versions
- Setting to show all user scores as binary
Enjoying devRant? Please leave us a review!
- Autosave rant text as draft
- Better error logging
- Clean up tab bar menu items
- Introducing rant filters! You can now filter the feed by rant types!
- Fix for image viewer close button on iPhone X
- Introducing notif tabs! Your in-app notifs are now viewable by type so you can quickly browse whichever notifs you want!
- iPhone X support!
- You can now "scroll to bottom" of any rant that has 10 or more comments!
- Easy-to-access refresh button at the bottom of any comment thread so you can refresh to see if there are new comments
- Tap the "Rant" title on any rant to refresh
- New "post type" selector for easier classification of rant types in the future!
- Brand new black theme (devRant++ only)
- Removes all instances of "+1" in favor of ++
- Some black theme fixes
- Introducing the devRant supporter program (devRant++)! Get cool features (extended rant/comment editing time, special badge, etc.) while also helping us pay for our increasing server costs. More perks coming soon!
- Thank you: we are very appreciative of all the positive reviews and awesome feedback. Please note that our team (1 dev and 1 designer) are working extremely hard to fix the remaining bugs. It's one of our top priorities to squash them all. Thank you! - If you are enjoying devRant, please take a moment to leave a review for the app. This helps new developers find the community and leads to more fun rants!
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t hesitate to get involved.
It truly is an outstanding community. Considering most others out there (which I will not name) have such a toxic community.
App good, community evil
From my very own experience I can tell that the idea, as always, was great, but the community of people most vocal there consists mostly of self centered ignorant angry thugs. I tried, I posted, I left unimpressed.
Pretty immature community.
Probably great if you’re real young and/or immature. Kinda feels like BBSs's I used to hang out on when I was 13.
- Hexical Labs LLC
- 16.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Hexical Labs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- devRant++ $1.99
- 1-400 Points for Avatar Item $0.99
- 2,401-2,800 Points for Avatar Item $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.