With remote controls and more, BMW Connected puts your BMW in your pocket. Optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles, the app lets you:
• STAY IN CONTROL: Lock or unlock your BMW and activate the climate control, anytime and anywhere
• PLAN AHEAD: Send destinations from the app to your in-car navigation system with one tap
• FIND YOUR CAR: Never forget where you parked your BMW
• BE RELAXED & ON TIME: Schedule trips, get alerted when to leave based on traffic, and find parking nearby
• BE EFFICIENT: For BMW i owners, track your driving efficiency and manage battery charging
• DO MORE: Access Roadside Assistance, schedule service appointments, and connect via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (in select markets)
BMW Connected is optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles may be incompatible with certain services.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can incur costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract concluded between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the vehicle.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. If you experience significant battery drain while using BMW Connected, select the lower battery usage option in the Settings menu.
Thanks to your feedback, this version includes the following updates:
• Enjoy the convenience of Amazon Alexa in your car just like you would at home (for select markets and models; requires an Amazon account).
• Get prompted to activate your BMW’s climate control or ventilation (depending on your vehicle’s capabilities) before your next trip.
• Access your BMW Financial Services account directly from the app and stay connected with payment confirmations and reminders (USA only).
• Get notified if your vehicle becomes part of a recall, then see more details and schedule or request a dealer appointment in the app.
• Making a service appointment is now even easier with a newly designed in-app scheduling process (for select markets only).
• View upcoming service appointments with your Preferred Dealer on the Hub tab (for appointments scheduled via the app).
• The “Save for Later” feature is now “Favorites” - keep a list of your favorite destinations in the app, and schedule a trip or send them to your vehicle when needed.
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Plus, for the all-new BMW X5 (and the forthcoming 3 Series):
• Remote Engine Start - heat or cool your car by starting the engine from the app, either immediately or at a scheduled time (USA and Canada only, with an additional service subscription).
• While on the road, passengers can now see current trip info and adjust your BMW’s climate control and media from their phones via the new Connected Command feature.
Enjoy BMW Connected, and please keep sharing your feedback from within the app. We’ll continue to use your input to make the app more valuable to you with each release.
Ratings and Reviews
Bugs appear to be fixed
Since the last update it appears the app is back to normal. I used to have to select the car and go back every time I open the app versus an auto refresh, now it seems to be working from the start.
I use the app to check battery status and turn on the climate control for morning drives. I would like to see a little more out of the app, such as selecting the temperature to set the climate control. For now it’s fine because I only use it in the morning to turn on the heater, but it would be nice to be able to set the temp if you want it to be hot or cold, down to the precise temperature and not just the last setting used. Should be a pretty simple thing to incorporate.
But overall, impressed with the update, major fixes from previous version which was way buggy.
Developer Response ,
Hi JWSMO. Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear you're enjoying your BMW Connected experience again and appreciate your feedback. We'll pass your suggestions along to our Product team for consideration. -BMW Connected Team
No Longer Works
Update for March 14th - the app, since the most recent update, is now completely unusable. It crashes upon opening every single time. I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to not crash. Once I do get it to stay open, all remote functionality fails. Then, of course, it starts crashing again. Is anyone working to fix this?
This morning I was kicked out of the app, which said my login credentials have expired. When I try to log back in it says “an unexpected error has occurred. Please close the app and try again.” No option to contact support, not fixed by closing and reopening or even uninstalling and reinstalling.
I can still log in just fine on the (not optimized for mobile) website so it isn’t my login. The app just suddenly stopped working with no recourse.
Developer Response ,
Hi Rowsdower42. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app, and thanks for letting us know. We'll pass your comment along to our Development team for further investigation into the issue. Stay tuned for new app updates. -BMW Connected Team
App No Longer Works
The app worked consistently with no problems for the two and a half years that I had my M2. I recently traded that car for an M3. The day I got the car I added it and removed the M2, and everything seemed to work, but the next day when I launched the app, it showed the M3 but with a message asking if I wanted to add it. I followed the instructions to add it, and got an error message indicating that the vehicle was already added. I ultimately, deleted the vehicle from both the app and the web site, and attempted to add it again. Ever since, I get the same display asking if I want to add the car, but when I try to do so, I get an error that the car doesn’t have the required cellular service, even though it clearly does, so the app is useless.
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 243.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 BMW of North America, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.