***** #1 Puzzle Game in over 20 Countries! *****
***** This quirky puzzle game bends the limits of space and reality to make you create structures that, in theory, should be impossible to replicate. - Pocket Gamer 8/10 *****
kubic is a unique optical illusion puzzle game based on M.C. Escher's art, impossible objects and other geometric designs. The object is to construct the goal configuration from a number of pieces.
Presented in a simple, clean design and minimalistic art, kubic is a premium game with over 60 escher-esque puzzles.
When you click on a piece, it pops to the front-most layer, and may overlap other pieces. When you combine the pieces, they do not merge. If there are extra pieces, you may hide them behind the others. You can also lock layers and drag pieces without changing their layer order. You can also use two finger pinch to zoom in and out and drag the view for a better control.
If you are stuck on a puzzle you can simply skip it and re-visit at a later time. Rest assured, all puzzles can be solved but beware, some puzzles are hard! Just take your time...Tip: It helps to plan ahead and build figures from back to front.
If you truly get stuck, there is a in-game hint system. You can use it to get started or even get the whole puzzle solved.
Levels divided in 6 groups:
• Ocean - "2D" Shapes are basically two-dimensional arrangements.
• Desert - "3D" Shapes appear to be three-dimensional, but remember to think in two dimensions.
• Mountain - "Convex/Concave" These optical illusions are inspired by Escher's famous "Convex and Concave" lithograph.
• Sky - "Up/Down" These optical illusions are inspired by the Penrose Triangle featured in Escher's lithograph "Waterfall”.
• Escher - Based on letter designs that spell out MC ESCHER.
• Print - Based on the printable magazine version of Convex-Concave puzzles.
Kubic is localized and supports 12 languages including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish
Game supports iCloud for progress syncing between devices.
Convex Concave puzzles from the Heaven and Earth game are included with permission. The puzzles were designed by Scott Kim, Puzzlemaster (scottkim.com), and the Heaven & Earth team.
Option to reset your progress so you can start over! Look for the reset button at the last page of the settings menu.
Ratings and Reviews
As soothing as it is challenging, this grown-up puzzler opened our minds. Time flew by as we recreated sculpture after sculpture in increasingly difficult configurations. The game’s 3D graphics invite focus and sharpen problem-solving skills, making it an entertaining brain-builder. M.C. Escher would be impressed by the twisty, physics-defying structures.
Best puzzler i have ever played
This is a simple game at its core. Reposition the pieces to match the image on top.
The genius and difficulty stems from how the pieces interact with each other where 2 pieces overlap in how they are layered so that 2D pieces look like 3D.
The puzzles themselves are very entertaining and once you understand how to “read” a puzzle it can fall together very quickly.
To beginners id recommend three things.
1.you should be contemplating which sections of the puzzle are more difficult to solve than others and in order to do this you generally weigh a perceived value to each piece. Try to start off with pieces which only have one or two possible positions also.
Generally this game requires you to be as efficient as possible with your selections. There are exceptions however.
2.utilize the layer lock button which is in the upper right corner and is 3 squares stacked on top of each other. This can be critical at times when you only need that extra single square or color to interact behind the other puzzle pieces.
3. If you're stuck on a puzzle and have tried starting the same way every time Don’t forget that may be a sign you're going at it wrong and try to switch it up from the start, this is usually more of an issue on the larger puzzles.
I simply can not wait to play more games from this dev. Bravo!
Cool concept. Needs refining.
I love the concept of this game. But it's unwieldy.
1. When several pieces need to have their layering status "flipped," we need a way to do so with one tap, rather than having to repeatedly tap each piece individually, over and over again.
2. Sometimes we get "painted into a corner," and in order to continue, we need to reposition the entire puzzle. Since Kubic doesn't reposition automatically (the way Bonza does brilliantly), we need, at the very least, a way to "lock" the pieces and move them in concert. (Perhaps tap, hold, and drag?)
- Appsolute Games LLC
- 282 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Appsolute Games
- In-App Purchases
- 10 Hints + No Ads $0.99
- 100 Hints + No Ads $4.99
- 25 Hints + No Ads $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.