The classic on-rails ground-breaking shooter, Space Harrier II is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGA’s third-person masterpiece.
The year is 6236 and Fantasyland is under attack once again! Leap back into the role of ‘Harrier’, our jumpsuited hero, then soar across twelve unique lands, crammed with fast-paced action and swarms of enemies. Often cited as the forerunner to the modern third-person shooter, you can now experience the birth of a genre from the comfort of your own mobile device!
Space Harrier II joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve surreal lands to traverse, featuring mind-blowing enemies
- Dastardly bosses to thwart at the end of each stage
- Quick-paced, frantic gameplay that never lets up
- Overcome your ultimate nemesis – the Dark Harrier!
- Dart, weave, and jet through an obstacle course of killer objects and aliens
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
"The 3D scrolling terrain, with its chequered floor and horizon that appears deep in the screen make for a 3D sensation rarely achieved on a home game." [930/1000] - ACE #26 (November 1989)
"This is the best version of Space Harrier II available." [89%] - Computer + Video Games Complete Guide to Consoles (1989)
"Space Harrier II is a truly awesome piece of coding." [85%] - The Games Machine #19 (June 1989)
SPACE HARRIER II TRIVIA
- Before defeating the 12th and final boss, the player must fight and defeat all the previous bosses in a row. Now that’s a challenge!
- Space Harrier II was one of the original launch titles for the Genesis and Mega Drive
- The original design for Space Harrier had our hero, Harrier, flying a jet!
- Space Harrier is considered to be one of the first ever third-person shooters
SPACE HARRIER II HISTORY
- The game was originally released in 1988
- Developed by: SEGA
- Designer: Yu Suzuki
- Lead Composer: Tokuhiko Uwabo
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Space Harrier II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Going to need an iOS 11 update on most of the games
This game was awesome, reminds me of the arcade game from back then! But since I had updated my phone the game started slowing down on iOS 11 compared to iOS 10 and this wasn’t the only game either affected by it. Giving it 5 stars because it’s a cool game and hope more retro titles (streets of rage, toejam and earl, etc.) comes to mobile.
Music crackles and skips. Framerate is terrible and the game stutters and slows down every few seconds. I'm a huge fan of the original Sega Genesis game and this doesn't even come close to feeling like the original. Even my 2010 version on iPod Touch plays better than this, and I'm using a 2017 iPad. Hope one day they use a better emulator for these games because this one has to be the worst so far.
Wasn't good to begin with. Give us Space Harrier 1!
This game was a sucker launch game for the Genesis. You got excited cause the original arcade was great with a rock solid port on the Sega Master System. New system, new Space Harrier? Of course I'll buy it. All the bad controls and poor frame rate are part of the original not the port. How's about a remake? Or even a reboot?
- Sega America
- 141.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and SPACE HARRIER II are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.