Learn your favorite songs without tabs or sheet music.
Whether you play for the world or yourself, all musicians need a good ear for harmony, melody, and rhythm. Using the songs in your music collection, Capo guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to help you break them down to their individual parts. Capo’s unique technology helps you to learn your favorites quickly as you improve your ear along the way.
Capo is simple and yet so, so good, even the professionals use it:
“Capo is AMAZING!!! Very clutch. Especially when parts are kinda tough in the mix that I can’t make out easily. With other apps you lose quality, this still sounds correct.”
- Omar Edwards: Keyboardist/Music Director for Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, Eminem, and more
“When I sat down and started using Capo for the first time, I was amazed at how big a punch this little app packs! It's intuitive, convenient, and high-quality.”
- Rebecca Lovell: Lead Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Piano for Larkin Poe
(Read more at capoapp.com/testimonials)
*** HEAR THE SONG ***
Slow everything down, scrub to hear specific notes, and easily create regions that loop as you learn to play the tricky parts. Use Capo’s tools to isolate specific instruments and even vocals to learn any part of a song. With a couple simple switches, you can focus on the piano or eliminate everything to practice the guitar solo.
*** BREAK IT DOWN ***
Capo automatically guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to get you started. Change, add, or remove the detected chords easily with a few taps as you identify alternate chords and voicings.
*** PAUSE THE SESSION ***
Capo saves each song as a project, including the loop regions you set, chord changes, and even the playback position. Learn songs at your own pace and revisit them on any device thanks to iCloud sync for your projects.
*** SO MUCH MORE ***
* Transpose songs to different keys
* Rename regions to keep organized
* Beat detection estimates the tempo and helps snap regions
* Edit chords one at a time or globally
* Display chord diagrams for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, Bass, and now Piano
* Rock on southpaws! Capo has a left-handed chord box option
* Five different metronome sounds
* Learn more about Capo touch Pro below!
**NOTE**: Capo works with music you own, but cannot access streaming tracks from Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
* If you don’t own a particular track, Capo makes it simple to buy a DRM-free copy on the iTunes Store
*** GO PRO ***
The free version of Capo touch allows 60 seconds of playback per session and access to all features, including the chords, slowing, our isolation engine, and more.
For $9.99 per year, Capo touch Pro grants access to:
* Unlimited play time
* Auto-detected chords for entire songs
* All current features
* All upcoming Pro features in development
All prices shown in this description are in USD. Exact prices may vary by region based on current exchange rates. Upon purchasing, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account for a full year of access to the features in Capo touch Pro. Subscriptions automatically renew within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, when your iTunes Account will be charged again for $9.99. You can choose to disable auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
*** New Features ***
* 7 New Languages! -- This update adds localizations for French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. We hope to continue adding support for more languages in the future, so please contact us if you’d like to see your native language added to this list!
* (Simple) Piano Chords -- Capo can now display chords using familiar keyboard diagrams. The notes in a chord are indicated in a way that makes it easy to build your own chord voicings.
* Improved Guitar Chord Display -- Using a bolder font and modified fretboard styling, we made Capo’s chords a little easier to read. We also put in a great deal of work to make the chord display consistent across iOS and macOS versions of Capo.
* More Chord View Options -- In addition to showing piano-style chord diagrams, Capo now lets you display only the names of chords, or hide them completely—just like the macOS version!
*** Enhancements ***
* The left-handed chord display setting is now located along the rest of the chord-related display settings located in the Notation Display settings (i.e. the button at the top-right of the screen in the in-song view.)
*** Bug Fixes ***
* Empty chord entries no longer appear in the results when editing chords.
* Empty chord boxes no longer appear when detecting and adding new chords.
* Capo no longer crashes when it fails to load a corrupt or unsupported audio file.
We love hearing from our customers, so please leave a review on the App Store to share your positive experiences with others, or send us a support email if you have any questions for us. We're listening, and appreciate all your bug reports and feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Nice work. Read the user guides though. My Update.
This app is one of the pivotal keepers if you play guitar.
As for the app itself: a remarkable piece of work, once you get used to its nuances & figure out how this fits with any learning or transcription. The MacOS desktop version to this point, appears to be slightly more capable than the iOS version.
I parked my use of it for quite some time. Going back to it, am astounded at its features anew (mostly the desktop). It does much of what an on & off again amateur musician needs in effectively learning songs without resorting to canned guitar tabs & as such, can help in combining mutiple source instruments into single-guitar playable renditions. It might serve professionals in similar fashion.
You can save out reduced speed versions of songs fairly easily, in order to burn a song into your head at 1/2 or 3/4 speed if the instrument layers are daunting.
At this moment, G6 tuning is not in the drop down.
I gather Capo has gone to the subscription model. I pre-date that, happily. I’m not thrilled that the subscription model may be the future of software. This means reassessing what software one uses a lot & which can be triaged away on an annual basis.
There has to be a better way to cull chaff. Re-buying essentially at full rev jump as many softwares do seems better, though $10 a year will keep you remembering to use it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of Capo touch.🙏 We really appreciate it. I'm also glad to hear that you came back to the app after some time and were happy with the features!
Just downloaded this, expecting to be able to use it with songs from iTunes. There’s absolutely no explanation on how to get going. All it allows me to do is get songs from iCloud (I have no music there) or google drive... useless. Also, a subscription is required - that’s not really what I expected. After reading the reviews (which I should have done first) I can see I’m not the only one who found this to be a waste of time.
Disappointed and will be uninstalling it right after I finish this review. Don’t waste your time
Truly one of the best music apps!
I’ve nailed many songs in 1/10th the time it normally would. I wish it could be a bit more accurate and I wish I could figure out how best to isolate things but it’s absolutely wonderful! I’m sure in time that it will be close to perfect!
Wow—thanks for the kind words!
We do our best to keep making Capo better with each new release, so we'd appreciate an email to our support address if you encounter any songs that are especially troublesome. It's a long journey of many years, and we look forward to getting Capo as perfect as humanly (and technologically) possible!
Capo touch Pro - Yearly
Unlock everything—Chords + Unlimited Playback
- SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
- 63.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Capo touch Pro - Yearly $9.99
- Capo touch Pro - Upgrade $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.