Libera is a revolutionary language learning tool that enables users to easily read foreign language texts alongside the same texts in their own native language. Praised by users as "perfect" and "marvelous", this cutting-edge platform provides learners with a new way of accessing foreign language texts, making foreign language reading easier and more enjoyable than ever before.
Foreign language reading is a proven and effective way of quickly improving your language skills, and Libera allows you to read a new language without constant, bothersome dictionary lookups. Libera presents the text of the language you're learning side by side with your own native language, giving you a ready reference for any unknown vocabulary or grammar. What's more, whenever a segment (word or phrase) is tapped in one of the texts, the corresponding segment in the parallel text is highlighted simultaneously, showing the link – for instance, a Spanish learner can tap the word “sombrero” to see that it is linked to the word “hat” in the English text. Each story available in Libera also features a customized dictionary, a full native audio recording in the language you're learning, and notes on key grammar forms, creating a fully-contained learning environment without the need for outside resources.
* Tapping a word in one language immediately highlights corresponding word in second language
* Customized dictionary shows language-to-language correspondences in context
* Full native audio recordings – with adjustable speed – aid in improving pronunciation and listening skills
* Multi-panel interface displays up to four different versions of a text side by side
* Segment bar at the bottom of the screen provides a quick reference for translations and pronunciation
* Word Info screen enables in-depth word study with examples
* Favorite word list allows users to save and review new vocabulary
* Full-form search lets users search through the text quickly and easily
* Grammar Notes highlight important points in grammar and usage
* support for iOS 11
* support for iPhone X
* two new stories released
* bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding for learning Modern Standrad Arabic
Finally there is an App that a student of the Arabic Language can use in conjunction with an instructor, or independently. Libera : Parallel Text Reader is an outstanding App, that allows a student to listen to the story of Ali Baba in Arabic, read by a native speaker. The App is simply remarkable. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's serious about learning the Arabic Language.
Five stars + Five stars . It's outstanding !!!
Wonderful well rounded app. Their customer support is up in the heavens too.
Awesome app for Arabic students
This is the perfect app for anyone studying Arabic. It gives you the Arabic text side by side with the English translation (which you can hide if you want), and will even read the Arabic out loud so you can hear exactly how the words are pronounced. The best part, though, is that you can click on any word and get the definition and all of the grammatical info. The app is also easy to use and very attractive, design-wise. My only quibble is that I'm not a big fan of the vowelling scheme they use. They vowel everything (and I mean *everything*!), which seems cluttered and unnecessary to me. (Do we really need to know that there's a fat-ha before a taa marbouta?) But I don't know, maybe some people like that. It lets you turn off all vowelling — maybe add an option for minimal/necessary vowelling only?) But that little complaint doesn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the app. I've already worked my way through Ali Baba and I'm hoping they offer some more texts for it soon!
- The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- 103.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2015 The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves $5.99
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves Free
- Roman Holiday $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.