Ryde is the low power and automatic bike ride tracker for daily cyclists.
- Automatically tracks your bike rides
- Uses only 1% of your battery for tracking!
- Earn points for riding your bike
- Start a crew and invite your friends
- Compete on your crew's leaderboard
- Earn bonuses for going somewhere new
Using your phone to track your commute sounds like a great idea. Until you realize that you rarely remember to start and stop the recording and the battery on your phone is dead by lunch.
Ryde is the low power hands free bike ride tracker for iOS. It uses the lowest power location technologies and most advanced mapping APIs available to significantly reduce battery consumption. Just install the app, create an account, and Ryde will begin automatically tracking your rides.
Here's what our users have to say:
“Ryde encourages commuting trips and everyday riding compared to Strava which encourages head-down, don't stop, plain old miserable, riding.” - Billy
“love the power consumption (Strava 30% > Ryde 1% for my Commutes)” - Stefan
"gotta say I love the lower effort ride tracking! I often forget to start Strava :-)” - Andreas
"This really is a great app...I really enjoy the gamification of my everyday commuting." - Trevin
"I feel like Ryde is super powerful because it tracks the rides I don't start my garmin for, and those add up." - Ian
“This is my favorite ride tracker by far. Keep up the great work!” - Glenn
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Fortunately, our engineers have designed a system that does not require continued use of GPS.
- Added a tab to Crews that shows the 50 most recent members
- Tons of UI polish (note the lowercase P)
- Revamped edit profile experience. Your bio finally no longer defaults to "Bio"
- Lots more bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Keeps getting better
I used to use Strava for ride tracking, but I do a lot of short trips, so I'd constantly forget to start and stop rides. And if you leave it on the battery keeps draining. Ryde is way easier, it automatically handles starting and stopping the tracking. You just go through your rides whenever and approve that they are bike trips. They must do something special since my car trips don't usually so up. Overall pretty good and easy to use. I just checked my battery life usage and its 1%. Thanks for the awesome app!
Solves a huge problem!
You know how fun it is to ride a bike. A good ride tracking app makes it even better. Unfortunately most of the apps out there are too hard to use. I almost never remember to start or stop tracking and then my battery gets drained super quick. But that's totally not a problem with this app. It gets all my rides (I'm a daily rider-ahem-Ryder 🤓) and it doesn't use up all my battery. Brilliant!
Simple and effective
In the past, I never remembered to start whatever tracking app I was trying to use. However, I've been using Ryde for the past few months and it's been awesome. While it has some slight inaccuracies in route selection, it's close enough for me. It's nice to get a general sense of how much I'm biking over time...and all without having to start or stop a thing. Great app!
- Jonathan Gaull
- 32.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Jonathan Gaull
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.