Firefox web browser
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted one of the Most Trusted Internet Companies for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS. Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience. That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
- Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines - every time.
- Add any search provider
- Easily access shortcuts to search providers
- Your personal information belongs to you. In Private Browsing mode, Firefox won’t remember any of your history or cookies, but new bookmarks will be saved.
- Delete your browsing history, passwords and more in a single tap.
- Choose the private data you want to remove.
- **iOS 9 required for Private Browsing mode**
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
- With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
- Firefox can also remember your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
- Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
- Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
- Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
Learn more about Firefox for iOS:
- Have questions or need help? Visit support.mozilla.org/mobile
- Read about Firefox permissions: mzl.la/Permissions
- Learn more about what’s up at Mozilla: blog.mozilla.org
- Like Firefox on Facebook: mzl.la/FXFacebook
- Follow Firefox on Twitter: mzl.la/FXTwitter
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. We build products like Firefox to promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Learn more at mozilla.org
What's New in Version 5.3
Additional fixes for iOS 10
I've been waiting anxiously for Firefox for iOS as I use it exclusively on PC so I installed Firefox the day it released and have had mostly good experience with it. That changed within the last couple of updates. It crashes all the time. I used to think Firefox crashing on my PC was just my PC but it's crashing on every device. Fix the issues and I'll give it 5 stars.
Update: the latest push is nice but certain abilities come and go such as being able to bookmark a page. By that I mean the buttons disappear. Some of the UI updates involves extra taps to do simple things. Also, it would be nice to be able to edit the name of bookmarks as some are too long while others don't say what the site is. It's still buggy but I've updated to 2 stars.
Update 2: back to 1 star. Firefox randomly deletes ALL saved bookmarks for no apparent reason. I'm done with this browser. It's buggy in Windows and buggy here. Moving on to Chrome for the time being.
Firefox is a nice alternative from Safari considering I use Firefox on my PC. It's great having everything synced together to make browsing and shopping easier.
Biggest issue I have with Firefox on iOS is every time I close the app (double tap home and swipe up), then re-open, the most recent tab I was using will be gone. This is annoying because I keep certain web pages up to look at later. As of right now they haven't addressed this bug so I have just been opening one or two more extra blank tabs before closing the app to make sure I don't lose my other tabs. I've already sent a troubleshooting message to Firefox but no response. Please fix this!
And yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, and the close tabs after browsing option is turned off.
Spyware and no advantages over other browsers
Mozilla tracks all of your browsing activity which they sell to advertisers. If you care at all about privacy, do not use Firefox.
There are a handful of advantages Firefox has on desktops and laptops. Unfortunately, Apple's app store policies prevent those features from being ported to Firefox for iOS. Although, Mozilla has been steadily removing the advantages of their browser on other platforms over the past few years regardless of Apple's policies.
There is virtually no feature that this app posesses which isn't done at least as well by other browsers. If you value privacy or customization, the Dolphin Browser is probably your best bet on iOS (on other operating systems, Pale Moon is a good choice). If you don't care about being spied on and just want a browser that works and runs fast, then both Chrome and Safari are at least as good as Firefox in literally every way.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 27, 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 79.6 MB
- Languages: English, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Breton, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, French, Frisian, Gaelic, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Uzbek, Welsh
- Seller: Mozilla Corporation
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.