Apple TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
This update includes bug fixes.
Garbage. Great concept, poor application
Add this app to another long, growing list of the crap Apple has been putting out there that is SUPPOSED to make your tech-connected life simpler. The app flat out does not work at all for me. App installed just fine, connects to my Apple TV just fine, they can see each other, but that's it. Nothing happens after they connect.
A few years ago I was dead set against Apple. I chose to take the plunge and replace all tech devices in our home with all Apple products for their seamless integration. Several iPhones, iPads, iPods, a Mac, MacBook, Airport, and Apple TV all found their way into our home and for a few years, everything worked flawlessly together. It was a dream come true. In the past two or three years, Apple has pushed more and more software and firmware updates they they did previously and the newer version stuff that keeps coming out works less and less for that seamless integration. So I thought maybe it was because we had older Apple products that just couldn't effectively run the newer updates, so we got all new stuff again, and again, all Apple stuff. Nope. Still horrible. I would really appreciate it if Apple would stop pitching their products that supposedly can provide a seamless experience when they clearly cannot. Each product by itself is great. I love them all individually. Integration has been lost. Badly.
Widget is one more thing needed
Widget would be nice or having it on control panel even cooler. Turn on the TV by waking up Apple TV 4 via the app as well as it now works with Siri remote. I got lucky to have an LG TV with HDMI-CEC feature (LG SimpLink). That allows me to use Siri remote as a main remote. I don't have TV cable, just the Internet and all the channel subscriptions. I can turn on and off the TV along with putting Apple TV to sleep using Siri remote and I love it 😍Also I can turn off and sleep off by the Remote app, but I cannot turn on the TV via it. Actual result is Apple TV wakes app and TV doesn't turn on along with Apple TV. I was thinking it is because IR. So I tested the Siri remote and it does work same way as always even if I use it from another room. Should be fixed.
Of course, I would love to turn on and off the TV by putting Apple TV to sleep mode using voice commands 🗣
Simultaneous streaming to more than one connected AirPods to next generation of Apple TV could be another terrific feature. 🎧👨🎧👩
Needs volume/power control and iPad support
I'll be sticking with the hardware Siri remote until this app gets two things:
1. volume/power control for those of us using our Apple TV with a TV that has HDMI-CEC. I believe that volume and power are conducted over Bluetooth for TVs that have HDMI-CEC (as opposed to over IR), so if that's the case then this app really needs support for this functionality so that it can become a true stand-in for the Siri Remote, eliminating the need for any other remote.
2. native iPad support. The old Remote app had a full-fledged native iPad interface, so the fact that this functionality is missing from this version is pretty strange. Anyway, when I'm watching TV at night, my iPad is almost always the device I have in my lap while my iPhone is charging upstairs. Please add that feature back soon.
All in all not a bad first release, but I'll be keeping this in my "miscellaneous" folder and just sticking with the (very awesome) Siri remote until I see an update giving this app the much-needed functionality mentioned above. I hope these requests do appear soon as it'd be great to use my iOS devices to control my Apple TV again.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 19, 2016
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © Apple Inc, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.