Apple TV Remote
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
This update includes bug fixes.
To the developers at Apple
I have a Bluetooth karaoke machine that I use my music with and I makes some lyrics and saved them to my photos. The thing is, I can’t have the Apple TV showing the lyrics and have the karaoke machine playing the music at the same time. Either I can show the lyrics on the Apple TV and have it as the audio output, or I can use the karaoke machine output the audio. I want the Apple TV to show the lyrics while the Karaoke USA plays the music. And the thing is, is that it worked only 4 hours before. I hope this makes sense to you and, if you can, release a software update to allow this.
Another bug I’ve encountered is when I was using iMovie. I tapped the share button and the icons came up. But I noticed the App Store icon looked like the iOS 10 version. I’m not too sure about the other icons, but the App Store one had the brushes with the circle.
One more thing that I really don’t like is I can’t upgrade my iPad mini 2 to iOS 11.1.1. In fact, it stopped updating at version 9.3.5. It really upsets me. I wanted to use the dock and split screen. My sister’s iPod Touch is also not updating. If you need more info like model or serial number, I’ll be happy to share them. I really hope you can fix this.
Thank you for your time. By the way, the Apple TV remote app is flawless.
Works better than Roku...
I have 3 different streaming devices. This app is not perfect, but the application and the Apple TV have less problems than Roku. This app works almost every time. I can’t use the Roku app if I want to take advantage of 5Ghz WiFi on my phone. A lot of work still needs to be done on all streaming devices so that the apps will work better. This app is on par with Chromecast for functionality, but I wish more apps supported Apple TV and the remote had the volume controls (like the physical remote does), because each streaming device has different sound levels. In addition, the mousepad feel, (again like the physical remote) is a little too flaky. It would be better with just arrow buttons.
Needs Private Listening Mode Like Roku Remote
This remote works fine for me, but Apple is missing a huge opportunity with it. The remote the Roku comes with has a headphone jack built in. When you connect your headphones, the Roku box automatically breaks the audio signal out from the video signal and sends it to the remote and to your headphones via wifi. Now you can watch a movie late out night and not wake people up.
Yes you can connect Bluetooth headphones to an Apple TV, but Bluetooth will not reach my Apple TVs in my audio closet where all my equipment for the house is stored. I need something on wifi like the Roku remote.
If Apple put a private listening function in this App, I could plug my headphones into my iPhone which is on wifi and use it anywhere in the house.
Please Apple, put a private listening mode in this App! It’s the only reason I still keep a Roku in my rack!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 23, 2017
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.