Apple TV Remote
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
This update includes bug fixes.
When it works, there’s still issues. After not using the app for awhile it had to connect to the Apple TV once again, and makes you wait for awhile while it tries to connect back. Wouldn’t be problem normally right? Just a five second wait or so. Only issue is, sometimes when it tries to connect it says it no longer can. Don’t know why, Internet is working for my phone as well as for the Apple TV, as I’m still watching content on it. App just says the Apple TV is offline. I also had to start plugging my Ethernet into my Apple TV to make it work recently, so it’s not an issue with my wi-fi. This “offline” issue has become out of hand recently. I’d love it if you’d fix it, because actual Apple remotes die very quickly and this app is the only way to not have to replace batteries every couple weeks.
Excellent works better than the actual remote
I like how just launching the app turns Apple TV on, and the big upper blank area of the app is easier to touch and pause, play, navigate than the original metal physical remote.
The 10 seconds rewind or forward is an excellent choice by the app designers and works well too. I'm using this with a second generation Apple TV.
I believe you need to have the physical remote initially to add your iPhone or iPad as a user of this remote app in the Apple TV settings.
I love using the app because it allows me to control almost everything from my phone, which is always on me. The one major problem I am having is the lack of volume control. I have looked up if this is a common issue, and some people report their iPhones do control their Apple TV/ TV volume via the volume rockers on the side of the IPhone. I don’t know if there is something wrong with the set up of my app, or what, but it would be great if the app came with a clear cut, easy to use volume adjust. I do not think this is too much to ask.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.