Apple TV Remote
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
What's New in Version 1.2
This update includes bug fixes.
Not sure why everyone is giving this app a bad rating. The app works flawlessly on all my apple products (iphone 6, ipad pro, ipad 3 and ipad mini) I prefer to use this over the included remote especially when I am searching for a movie it’s so much easier to use the keyboard to type. The only feature that would make this better is if they were to include volume control, other than that it’s awesome!
I’m surprised to see so many bad reviews. This app has been a life saver when I can’t find my Apple TV remote. I love how it automatically pulls up the key board when I need to type something. It runs very smoothly also. I’ve never had a bad experience with this app. The only thing I can possibly ask for is to be able to control my TV volume like the actual remote
First off, the app is amazing and the Control Center widget in iOS 11 is a straight up lifesaver. Thank you!
I have a request however. I control the volume on my receiver via the Siri Remote’s volume controls via the Apple TV’s HDMI connection. Seems to me that, due to not needing IR, the phone app and widget should be able to do that as well. If that capability could be included that take this from amazing to exceptional. Just a thought,
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.