Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
This update includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
New update is terrible
What is wrong with you guys? The new update is beta version at best.
Some terrible UX decisions:
- The 10 sec rewind and forward buttons are now missing from both control center widget and the app.
- There's a new search button in the widget. But it does not search in the currently open app on the TV, but instead takes you to an entirely new search app.
- With control center widget open, previously the physical volume buttons would control the Apple TV volume. This does not work anymore.
- The widget from control center seems far slower to open. Whoever is the developer, can you please decrease the animation duration? Match the const value to the rest of iOS. Also, use a better animation easing curve while you are at it!
- Why does the control center widget occupy full screen? The UX does not match the rest of the control center and is jarring. Also, the previous view was easy enough to dismiss by just tapping outside the widget. Now home button is the only way to dismiss it. Sounds like a small thing but slows down the interaction by a lot.
Clearly regression testing was just ignored for this update.
The previous control center Apple TV widget was such a magically quick interaction experience. Why break it?
Bring back the previous version!
This update doesn't work. It won't wake up the Apple TV. I had to physically unplug the Apple TV and then re-plug it to turn it on. Previous version, i could enter passwords by using the keyboard and the numbers wouldn't show on the screen. This would keep it private in a room full of people. Now, I have to ask everyone to turn around so I can choose the numbers by swiping and clicking, because the numbers are in full view. Likewise , when doing a search, I used to just type on the keyboard but now i have to use the old swipe and peck method which takes a long time. I don't understand why the update has actually taken away functionality and returned the app to what it was several updates ago. You have gone backwards!
A little tip for those of you who want to control volume on your Apple TV with the app. It’s not obvious but very intuitive once you figure it out. When the app is open, manipulating the volume buttons on your iPhone manipulates the volume on the TV. There aren’t any onscreen buttons, but I’d rather have hardware buttons anyway for something like volume.
Other than that, I’ve always loved this app and have never had any issues. It’s super clutch when I can’t find that Apple TV remote (at least half the time)
- Apple Inc.
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.