Apple TV Remote
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
What's New in Version 1.2
This update includes bug fixes.
App no longer seems to work
I can't really describe what the problem is with this app except that it is very inconsistent lately. When it worked before, it worked well. But then, it stopped working for no identifiable reason. By that, I mean that our gen 3 Apple TV does not show up in this app at all despite the fact that it works absolutely fine on screen mirroring through my iPhone 7. Now when I initiate this app, all I see is the white “Add Apple TV” banner, When I click on that, our Apple TV does not show up despite the fact that the same Wi-Fi network is in use. I actually have the Apple TV unit directly connected to the router by Ethernet cable and the iPhone on the WiFi of the same network.
I have been through several system updates on the iPhone with the advent of IOS 11 (currently on IOS 11.0.3) , so that has changed, but nothing else about the phone or the Apple TV unit has changed.
This is probably the best app I have on my iphone. I first went through done reviews and realized that probably the people trying to use this app were not up to date on the apple tv or their cell phone and or their internet speed was slow. I read one that said he didn’t have a power button😂😂😂 thats when I decided to give it a try. Best decision ever. I do have my apple tv control but this control is 10 times better. Simple and to the point. Love everything about it.
Not sure why everyone is giving this app a bad rating. The app works flawlessly on all my apple products (iphone 6, ipad pro, ipad 3 and ipad mini) I prefer to use this over the included remote especially when I am searching for a movie it’s so much easier to use the keyboard to type. The only feature that would make this better is if they were to include volume control, other than that it’s awesome!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.