Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
Apple TV Remote has been updated to add support for new screen sizes. You can now autofill saved passwords securely from your iOS devices to access Apple TV apps. And Apple TV Remote will automatically be added to Control Center on your iOS device to access your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) with just a swipe. This update also includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Apple TV Connection issues
I have multiple Apple TV’s in my house and all of them are setup on my iPhone and iPad which is GREAT!! However, in our theater room we have the latest 4th gen Apple TV and it is constantly being recognized as offline even while in use. While the other Apple TVs no issues. This is the only model we have issues with... funny thing is the keyboard pops up on both iPad and iPhone when you are in a search field on the Apple TV and allows us to type on the Apple TV from iPad or iPhone but won’t allow us to use as a controller! Please fix this bug Apple, we really love having our devices connect like this but it’s been frustrating with the 4th gen TV.
Incessant banner notification
Whenever my phone gets within range of my Apple TV, a banner notification appears to type on my phone keyboard. And it appears almost every time I interact with my Apple TV remote. Even when locked, my phone will buzz to indicate this banner notification. For some reason, you cannot change Remote app notifications in Settings. To be clear, this is happening all the time and not just when I have to type something on the Apple TV screen. This has been a bug for several months
We love the app but wants some additions
We have 3 Apple TVs in the house. It is nice that the app can control all. Please include these chance to future updates. I Would like to see the future updates to include adding Volume control. I want to control to have the ability to turn off the the Apple TV from a different room. It current can however I can’t see what the screen says if I am in a different room.
- Apple Inc.
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.