By Pioneer Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your car into a connected car with a compatible Pioneer in-dash multimedia receiver, a compatible iPhone, and this AppRadio app. With your iPhone connected, you'll be able to listen, view and control compatible iPhone applications optimized for in-car use directly from the large Pioneer touchscreen interface installed in your dashboard.
• Compatible Pioneer products featuring AppRadio Mode:
- AppRadio SPH-DA01*¹/DA02*¹, SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120
- DVD Receivers AVH-X1500DVD*¹/AVH-X1600DVD*¹, AVH-X2500BT/X2600BT, AVH-X3500BHS/X3600BHS, AVH-X4500BT/X4600BT, AVH-X5500BHS/X5600BHS, AVH-X6500DVD*¹, AVH-X7500BT, AVH-X8500BHS, AVH-4000NEX
- Navigation Receivers AVIC-X940BT, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH, AVIC-5000NEX, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-8000NEX
Unless indicated by *¹, products support the feature for both Apple devices with Lightning®*² or 30pin connector.
Additional information regarding app compatibility and required cables can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com/AppRadioMode
• Compatible Pioneer products featuring AppRadio One*²:
DVD Receivers AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, AVH-X6700DVD, AVH-X7700BT
To make the connection, owners can use the Pioneer CD-IU52 Apple Lightning to USB cable or the Lightning cable included with the phone.
Feature not supported for 30pin Apple devices.
*¹ Feature supported for Apple devices with 30pin connector: iPhone 4, 4s, iPod Touch 4th gen
*² Feature supported for Apple devices with Lightning connector: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPod Touch 5th gen
iPod Touch requires internet connectivity
iPad not supported
What's New in Version 2.8.3
To AppRadio Mode users; Thank you for your patience. Meanwhile, AppRadioLIVE, Beej!, EC Touch, Parkopedia and this App were updated for iOS 8 AppRadio Mode. They no longer use the iPhone keyboard and thereby avoid the related App crash. Switching to a different keyboard solution will depend on each App's schedule.
To new AppRadio One users; Welcome, and please make sure your Pioneer product is up to date with the latest firmware available from your Pioneer website.
• Now also optimized for 64bit (iPhone 5s or newer)
I Don't Get It
I downloaded App Radio, which as far as I can tell does nothing but prompt me to download App Radio Live, which as far as I can tell runs nothing but Facebook and three other low-star apps that are supposed to do things that you can already do (play podcasts and music.) I got a new touch screen Pioneer radio which I really like, but I can play music and podcasts through it and use the hands-free with no problems. What's the point of this bizarre app duo? App Radio Live also tells me to connect to my stereo I guess help me find compatible apps but when I connect nothing happens. I'll keep trying and if I discover some usefulness I'll update my review, but at the very least it'll be docked for being so difficult to understand.
Another sorry App from Pioneer
As much money as Pioneer has to spend on developmental programs, they need to consider their App department for a huge overhaul. The support for Apps is like the support for Apple has for Adobe... Virtually none. I applaud the effort, but look down in disgrace of the lack in that effort. It's like they said, "Hey, let's make an App that has as limited features we can have, limited options, no apps, and have completely no support for our App. And if they ask, we'll give em the run around with our fake customer support number with a million people in the waiting line."
APP Works great with iOS 8 on iPhone 6
This update has solved all issues with my Pioneer AVH4000-NEX radio. Waze works too Thanks for fixing the app.
iHeart radio, Waze, iGo Nav, and DashCmd all worked without any issues.
For those having problems I suggest you update the radio software and quit whining
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Pioneer Corporation
- © Copyright(c) 2011-2015 Pioneer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.