By Pioneer Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your car into a connected car with a compatible Pioneer in-dash multimedia receiver, a compatible iPhone, and this AppRadio app. With your iPhone connected, you'll be able to listen, view and control AppRadio compatible iPhone applications optimized for in-car use directly from the large Pioneer touchscreen interface installed in your dashboard.
• AppRadio One*¹
To make the connection, owners can use the Pioneer CD-IU52 Apple Lightning to USB cable or the Lightning cable included with the phone.
Feature not supported for 30pin Apple devices.
Compatible Pioneer products:
- 2015 or newer DVD Receivers excluding NEX (AVH-X1700S, AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, AVH-X6700DVD, AVH-X7700BT, AVH-X1800S, AVH-X2800BS, AVH-X3800BHS, AVH-X4800BS, AVH-X5800BHS, AVH-X6800DVD, AVH-X7800BT)
• AppRadio Mode
To make the connection, owners need the suitable video adapter cable for their Pioneer product. Please check your product manual.
Compatible Pioneer products:
- AppRadio, 1 through 4 (SPH-DA01*²/DA02*², SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120)
- All NEX receivers (AVIC-5#00NEX, AVIC-6#00NEX, AVIC-7#00NEX, AVIC-8#00NEX, AVH-4#00NEX)
- 2013 and '14 DVD Receivers (AVH-X1500DVD*²/AVH-X1600DVD*², AVH-X2500BT/X2600BT, AVH-X3500BHS/X3600BHS, AVH-X4500BT/X4600BT, AVH-X5500BHS/X5600BHS, AVH-X6500DVD*², AVH-X7500BT, AVH-X8500BHS)
- 2012 and '13 Navigation Receivers (AVIC-X940BT, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH)
Unless indicated by *², AppRadio Mode is supported for both Apple devices with Lightning or 30pin connector.
Additional information can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com/AppRadioMode
*¹ iPhone with Lightning connector required: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, iPod Touch 5th gen
*² Only iPhone with 30pin connector supported: iPhone 4, 4s, iPod Touch 4th gen
iPod Touch requires internet connectivity
iPad not supported
What's New in Version 2.9.3
• Minor improvements
**UPDATE** After updating to the latest OSI on my iPhone, the app has started working like it should. I have used it for three days now and it launches WAZE, NAVMII and Appradio Live without any problems. I hope that it continues so I will upgrade my rating to 4 stars. ---I bought a new Pioneer radio for my car. After installation, I downloaded Appradio Live. It powered up an worked fine the first day. Downloaded Waze and everything worked great. Day two, it wouldn't launch either app. I contacted Pioneer support and they told me I had to have Appradio so I downloaded it. Still nothing. My phone asks me if I want to launch Appradio Live and I "allow". Head unit says trying to connect. Nothing happens. On day one when I launched Live, the logo was in color when I opened the app but since then it is subdued. I can get to and change settings on my phone app but it still won't launch. Tired of trying. I guess that my expensive radio will just be just for answering Bluetooth calls. I would send radio back if it wasn't so hard to install. Come on Pioneer, if you are going to advertise this as a selling point for your radio at least get it to work.
How to connect AVH 4000nex
OK so I have been using this app for over two years. And because my Apple CarPlay isn't working properly I was really forced to kind of learn all the bugs and how to get around them. So this post is strictly to help someone who may have the same issues I had, just doesn't seem to connect. First if you are using an iPhone you need the lightning cable and the HDMI cable that attaches to the adapter that goes in the iPhone. In addition, you have to have the settings correct--- iPhone, AV adapter and the AppRadio will work--sometimes. What seems to help on the connection is rebooting the iPhone and then at times rebooting the radio. Yes difficult to do when you're driving of course. Luckily when my radio was installed I have a cut off switch that reboots the radio. I kind a like the app only because I can use WAZE instead of the traditional iPhone maps when in CarPlay. The idea is fantastic but the app is just very buggy; yes I drove myself crazy for over a week trying to figure all the stuff out.
Locks up in upgrade mode on iPad2
I downloaded this app to evaluate a pioneer car radio product and found that it is frozen in a download/upgrade mode and blacks out the logo on the screen. I am unable to delete the app and can find no blogs or support to delete the app from iPad2. I will not recommend this product until I receive information to return my Ipad2 to normal operation. I attempted to contact Pioneer via the website, but am unable to get a response since I don't have a specific product to reference.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 2.9.3
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Pioneer Corporation
- © Copyright(c) 2011-2016 Pioneer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.