Apprentice Architect: Fondation Louis Vuitton
By Fondation Louis Vuitton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apprentice Architect is an app for kids who want to explore the Fondation Louis Vuitton and create their own Frank Gehry-inspired designs.
This app helps children experience the Fondation Louis Vuitton. Learn how the Fondation was built, meet the people who made it and get inspired.
“When kids come to the Fondation, I want them to elevate their imagination, so they grow up thinking of architecture differently” – Frank Gehry.
Inside the app:
• My sketchbook : use a familiar object — a sailing boat, a camel, a pyramid – and make it your own by manipulating the outlines with your fingertips. Add colour, patterns and a background to create an inspirational sketch that will help you produce your own 3D design later.
• Look around you : see how a building operates and discover the hidden workings of the new landmark museum, exploring the processes that went into designing it as well as seeing how it functions today.
• Where’s Frank ? Meet the people behind the Fondation Louis Vuitton. In this fun game you can search through the gallery’s visitors to see if you can find the key members of the team – from the man who operated the crane to the curator who chose the art to Frank Gehry himself – and, at the same time, discover what each role involves.
• How does this work ? With the amazing 360 degree photography and a fun quiz, we take you inside the sails, explain how the sound engineers work in the auditorium, and how the museum is designed to reflect the space it sits in.
• Take the controls : operate a crane and play against the clock to drop the glass panels, each individually shaped, into the correct position on the sail. But be quick otherwise a flock of pigeons might just mess up your hard work and you’ll have to clean the sails too.
• My studio: having explored the museum, now it’s your chance to turn your design sketch into a Gehry-inspired building, complete with with sails and icebergs. Add as many as you want and use the control to fill out the sails. Position all your elements, change your colour or texture and then your building is ready!
Download the app on iPad with your parents and bring it to the Fondation Louis Vuitton. Free loan of iPads mini at the Fondation Louis Vuitton.
About the Fondation Louis Vuitton
The Fondation Louis Vuitton is a corporate foundation and a private cultural initiative dedicated to art and artists, located in Paris. The Fondation represents a new phase in art patronage and in the culture initiated by LVMH in France and around the world over the past two decades. The Foundation will be located in a building commissioned by Bernard Arnault, and designed by the American architect Frank Gehry. Resembling a cloud of glass, the building is set in the Jardin d’Acclimatation in Paris, in the northern part of the Bois de Boulogne.