AppShopper Social lets you share your app interests with your friends and see what apps your friends are interested in.
Or add any of your personal AppShopper friends to see their app interests.
- Social Stream: See what apps that your friends are tracking, and share your app interests with your friends.
- Friends List: Maintain a list of AppShopper friends who share your app interests.
We have many features to add, but wanted to get something out to our users as quickly as we could. iPad support is also in the works. Stay tuned!
If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- View individual friend app lists
- Fixed bug where filters would disappear on My Apps and Wish List
- Fixed various other bugs
Ratings and Reviews
I wish for a universal update...
Like others I prefer the previous version and have been stubbornly clinging to it the last couple of years. This morning however it could not load my wish list and I suspect something changed on the server side that broke it for good... If the developers read these comments, please create a universal version of the current app. I have a lot of time invested I. Building that wish list and have loved this app greatly over the years. I don't know how you monetize, but if additional payment would be required then I would certainly consider that fair as this app has saved me large amounts of money.
Changing the category and price ranking and then setting them back caused my wish list to finally load in the older (iPad optimized) version... So once again it crawled from the grave and kept chugging along, but for how long?
Use to be My Fav Deal Finder
I (like others) prefer the old version, but someone thought we cared what our friends were buying? I'd have preferred more features, like adding Mac app support, but that's just me.
However the biggest reason that this great app isn't being used by me anymore, is that there is no universal app. What moron develops an app and makes it iPhone only? Well I'm not using a bunch of different apps as I move from device to device...I'll instead reward the company that best meets my total needs, and that is no longer AppShopper. (If you only use an iPhone, it's still one of the best deal finders.)
Liked previous version better
Appshopper's usefulness is being eclipsed by AppZapp.
review: The social features of this app are useless to me, but i understand that they may have been added so the app didn't violate apple's TOS by being too much like the Appstore or whatever.
Aside from adding back iPad support, this app could benefit from the following:
1. I don't want a badge telling me when "My Apps" have a new update. The Apple AppStore app takes care of that just fine & the redundancy is annoying & it obfuscates the price drops by displaying a misleading app badge
2. Make it an option to remove "updates" from my Wish List stream. I understand that update alerts on wishlist apps could prove beneficial, for instance if your decision to purchase is contingent on a specific feature. Great, I understand, but PLEASE move it to a different place. It clutters the Wish List stream!
Until those issues are resolved, more people will just permanently switch to AppZapp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.