By AppShopper.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AppShopper Social lets you share your app interests with your friends and see what apps your friends are interested in.
Or add any of your personal AppShopper friends to see their app interests.
- Social Stream: See what apps that your friends are tracking, and share your app interests with your friends.
- Friends List: Maintain a list of AppShopper friends who share your app interests.
We have many features to add, but wanted to get something out to our users as quickly as we could. iPad support is also in the works. Stay tuned!
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com for assistance.
What's New in Version 1.1
- View individual friend app lists
- Fixed bug where filters would disappear on My Apps and Wish List
- Fixed various other bugs
Liked previous version better
Appshopper's usefulness is being eclipsed by AppZapp.
review: The social features of this app are useless to me, but i understand that they may have been added so the app didn't violate apple's TOS by being too much like the Appstore or whatever.
Aside from adding back iPad support, this app could benefit from the following:
1. I don't want a badge telling me when "My Apps" have a new update. The Apple AppStore app takes care of that just fine & the redundancy is annoying & it obfuscates the price drops by displaying a misleading app badge
2. Make it an option to remove "updates" from my Wish List stream. I understand that update alerts on wishlist apps could prove beneficial, for instance if your decision to purchase is contingent on a specific feature. Great, I understand, but PLEASE move it to a different place. It clutters the Wish List stream!
Until those issues are resolved, more people will just permanently switch to AppZapp
Save money and try out more apps!
Apps often jump up the charts in the App Store due to increased downloads when they are temporarily marked down. Sites like AppShopper track these as they happen. This app can also send a push message when an app you want drops in price so you can snap it up! This comes in handy if, say, the developer only sets the sale price for for a few hours.
I've saved a lot of money with this app and its predecessor.
Forget The Social
I have used the original AppShopper app for a long time and luckily I still have it because this new one is really horrible. You can forget being able to merely browse through all the apps well sorted by category and price; this version of the app only seems to be a way to share recommendations with friends and see what they like. Not useful for general Store shopping IMO.
Take home message: if you've still got the original AppShopper, stick with that for browsing the Store. This one does not provide that valuable service.