Photon Flash Player for iPad - Flash Video & Games plus Private Web Browser
By Appsverse Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ LIMITED TIME SALE: USD$9.99 -> USD$4.99
★★★★★ "Photon browser is a powerful and versatile Safari alternative that excels in its Flash support..." - USAToday
★★★★★ Photon Browser is #1 in utilities for iPad and #1 paid browser on US App Store.
★★★★★ IMPORTANT: Press lightning bolt button to view Flash content. Change Bandwidth Settings for higher frame rates and 1 if you have a slower network or device.
★★★★★ Also on sale! Get now! - Documents Unlimited to edit your Microsoft Office and Open Office documents on iPad from USD$19.99 -> USD$4.99
Appsverse Photon Browser is a powerful new browser with Flash capability designed to enhance your browsing experience on the iPad. We have been the #1 paid browser on the app store for several months and you can read reviews on the web on why we are the best Flash browser for the iPad. Here are just some of them:
1. Flash browsing support
- Photon Browser allows you to play Flash games such as free Facebook games, use Flash apps, listen to music streamed via Flash player and watch Flash video.
- Browse Flash websites that would otherwise not display on the iPad and get latest Flash player support.
- Fast native browsing for normal websites and remote browsing for Flash websites.
2. Multi-task by using Tabbed or multiple views during browsing
- Supports unlimited tabbed browsing just like Firefox and Chrome.
- Split view divides your screen in half to allow viewing of video on one half and browsing on another.
- Full screen browsing maximizes your screen real estate.
- Other views include picture in picture (PIP) and 3-screen (Trio) mode.
3. Fully featured powerful browser
- Private browsing clears history, cookies and caches upon browser exit.
- Anonymous browsing through our servers.
- Awesome URL toolbar intelligently combines history and search keywords suggestions.
- Share content via email or Facebook.
- Brightness control for night time browsing.
- Rotation lock for playing web based games.
- Personalize your browser colors.
- Bookmarks support
- Back/forward button reveals browsing history
- Print web pages using AirPrint.
- More innovative features to come
Important notes - PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING:
- REMEMBER TO CLICK ON the "Lightning Bolt" button to enter streaming mode to view Flash sites. Otherwise, you will see the standard message that Flash needs to be installed or upgraded as you are still in the native browser mode. Only by explicitly clicking on the "Lightning" button will you then be able to view Flash content.
- Use the number settings under Settings->Bandwidth to adjust the bandwidth profile to deliver the best experience for Flash. The optimum profile for each user will differ depending on their network and also dependent on whether you are browsing Flash websites, watching a Flash video or playing a game.
- We support sites that block traffic from certain cluster of IP address such as Hulu and other local TV station using our advance local access feature.
- If you have a slow Internet connection such as over a slow 3G network, remote browsing feature may have slow performance. Flash mode works best over Wifi in a broadband network.
- If you have problems, do not hesitate to contact us given in the support link on iTunes. We are extremely responsive and answer questions within 3 business days and in some cases within 1 business day as most of users who have contacted us with questions.
What's New in Version 4.0
+ v4 Photon Engine - better performance and reliability
+ TRUE full screen Flash for videos and games
+ ONLY iOS Flash app with latest Flash support
+ Pages load 3X faster
+ Configurable game controls
+ Prevent Flash from disconnecting immediately during notifications and text messages
+ Back button issues fixed
Good app. Needs improvements.
I downloaded this app with high hopes from all the 5* reviews, suffices to say I'm not impressed. While the app works as advertised I couldn't help but notice some functions it won't support. So here is some changes I think would make this the best browser out.
The main function I tested was to see if I could stream a movie from the browser to my tv via Apple TV. This attempt failed in a big way. While my safari browser not only streams a movie from the browser to my Apple TV, I'm also aloud to minimize the browser to play some of my favorite trading card apps while watching the movie.
********Another annoyance was that should you exit the browser for any reason to check a text etc... The flash will reset what ever you was doing.*******
The function I met with this browser was audio only via my attempt to stream, this was very displeasing. As Apple TV is a big part of my media experience I will have no use for this browser outside of games, or on the go video watching at relatives or in the car.
My game experience was better then expected. While some games still proved sluggish or overpowering for the browser. It held its own with less impressive games making it useful if you use kongragate a lot.
Web 10/10 (multiple functions made this browser impress me)
If you want a good gaming browser with multiple functionality for browsing and playing at the same time. Then this is the app for you.
FarmVille on the iPad, Whaaat? Thank you for making my dream a reality! I have been using Photon for about 3 months now even saving it for last to try after reading reviews on flash supported browsers. It has completely replaced my playing method for my Flash games when I am at home. No longer do I use my pc and wait for slow loading times. Even though I have yet to figure out how to save my data to local access for quicker loading. I have tried what I thought was it and it never saves. Nevertheless it still loads faster with less hang ups than anything else I have ever played flash on.
It also consumes a tremendous amount of data on flash mode. I am able to play during my work shift because I have a lot of down time so over the course of 5 or 6 hrs of flash being left on I can use on avg 500+ mb a day. I really do not think there is any way around this however since flash isn't supported on The iPad. I actually had to up my cellular usage from 6 gb a month to 14 gb a month. I also thought I may be able to save some of this data if flash mode always didn't turn off after 2 hrs on the dot (save reloading game data) I cannot find it in settings to change this 2 hr time frame. If anyone knows, please tell me. Everything is minor adjustments but Photon is wonderful thank you for it!
Great to be able to browse flash websites! A must have app when not everything works without flash. I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about when it comes to beeping sound problems etc. I have not had that problem with playback. It is important to note that this works as well as your internet connection does. Slow connection? Slow/ crappy quality. That is not Photons's problem. It is also a useful app for getting around firewalls in foreign countries. Discovered recently that not all sites/content is accessible when you travel overseas. Thank you so much!
A couple thoughts:
The user interface needs to be simpler. I love the amount of features packed into the thing, but for the uninitiated, it can be difficult to learn. Second, when I first started, I missed that the lightning bolt was the key to navigating in flash. Hence some of the complaints about it not working. Also for the uninitiated, if you are having issues with the video and suspect you have a slow internet connection, try lowering the flash rendering from 6 down to 3 or something. That helps.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 01, 2013
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
- Seller: Appsverse Inc.
- © Appsverse Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.