By XCool Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AppSwitch - The missing app that should have been in the box!
Critical acclaims for AppSwitch:
"iOS 4 brought us multitasking, but there's no way to tell what's running in the background versus what's the app you last used. This app solves that problem and more!"
"Great app! The Console feature helped me narrow down MobileMe as the trigger to those random reboots on my iPhone!"
Monitor all background processes
- detects and displays running apps and processes, complete with actual name and icon
- no more guessing which app is running in the background and which app isn't
Switch to App technology (on supported apps)
- harnessing one of iOS's most powerful features to let you quickly switch to another app
- Shortcuts lets you quickly switch to a feature within another app (e.g. switch to Twitter's compose message screen)
Know a whole lot more about your device
- see device model, iOS version, network details, system load, uptime and disk space status
- details may be copied and forwarded via email
- monitor and track CPU usage on your device
- support for devices with dual-core CPUs
- find out more about how your device uses memory
Dig deep into your favorite shiny device
- exclusive Console feature lets you view messages sent by the operating system and other processes/apps
- great troubleshooting tool for programmers and technical support
- Copy, Email and Filter Console entries via tap and hold
- Export and Print Console log entries
- frequent release of Apps Database to help improve app detection
- free downloadable icon packs for supported apps
- FIVE Apps Database update has been issued
- THIRTEEN Icon Packs available for download, with more coming
Full iOS multitasking and Retina Display support
- updates and icons packs downloads even when AppSwitch is backgrounded
- multitasking requires iOS 4 and above
- Retina Display on compatible iPhone and iPod touch devices
We'd love to hear from you!
AppSwitch uses an internal database to detect running apps and provide switching support.
If you know more about a certain app, feel free to contact us via the built-in Feedback feature.
App developers are also welcomed, please let us know about your apps and we'll add it into the database!
What's New in Version 1.11
New in v1.11:
Minor bug fix.
Previously in v1.10:
Fixed a bug where checking for new icon packs would result in an error. Sorry!
Fixes in v1.09:
Updated to support the new 4" display on the new iPhone 5 and iPod touch, plus iOS 6 support, miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements.
We'd be more than happy if you would update your reviews in the App Store. Your reviews will keep us working hard for new features and updates - and we'd like to say thank you in advance.
Good app, but releases have stopped
AppSwitch is a useful app for the reasons other reviewers have mentioned. In the past, its developers were responsive and kept it up-to-date. Unfortunately, AppSwitch has not updated its applications database since December 2011. This makes it harder to know what processes you're dealing with as iOS and applications evolve. There also have been no new features for quite some time. A capsule summary of what each running process does--at least for iOS and top apps like Facebook--would be quite helpful.
Resumption of updates will win back the fifth star for this solid and important tool.
UPDATE, AUGUST 2013: All the issues described above remain. There have been no updates to the database since 2011, and no updates to the app itself since last year. The app becomes less relevant as iOS and the app market evolve and no effort is made to add new processes to the database. Moreover, with the passage of years, there is no excuse for the paucity of information provided about each process. I have removed another star due to this stalled development.
Nice try but nearly useless
Oct 2014 update: still nearly worthless.
Bottom line: Bells and whistles that don't really improve your daily usage.
Re: memory and Console: who cares unless you're a developer.
Process List: You can't terminate processes from this app, so it's far easier to just use Apple's built-in tool. Why launch this app just to have to go back to the Home screen to do it. And you can't see how much memory each app is using, so again, pointless.
App launching: Am I REALLY saving time in app switching if I have to launch this app to do it? No. Especially since there is the chance that the app isn't running and won't be on the list. LOL
And good luck getting enough info donated about programs to catch up on the 100,000+ apps avail not to mention new apps that are added every day.
I don't like having to manually look for updated app listing and icon packs on my own. It would be far easier to be able to just use the App Store like every other app. "Update All" and you're done.
Must Have App For Developers
I have been using this app for over a year. It is a must have app for developers. I have clients buy it and send me the console logs when they get crashes, which is extremely helpful. Use the console logs myself when testing away from computer. It is a nice place to get a quick look at device memory usage and processor utilization while testing.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 16, 2012
- Version: 1.11
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: XCool Apps
- © 2010-2012 XCool Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.