By LingApps ApS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Volume Purchase Program **
AppWriter is offered through the Volume Purchase Program
AppWriter is the first text editor for the iPad to offer users of all ages with reading and writing disabilites the necessary tools for unlocking a world of information.
AppWriter is packed with incredible assistive features. All tools and features are seamlessly integrated and comprise context based word suggestions, text-to-speech, integrated PDF-reader, OCR, and the special Dyslexie-font.
NB! If you experience any problems with the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, before you write it in a review. Then we can help you ;-)
Joe Rowe - Park Academy:
"Anyone with dyslexia or dysgraphia should strongly consider this tool, because for us this is priceless. We've had no regrets. Our parents often buy this for their home iPad after witnessing the results at school."
High quality synthetic voices ensure a great user experience. All menus and buttons can be read aloud, and different reading strategies cover many of the typical use cases.
Choose between different reading strategies:
• Read from cursor position
• Read selection of text
• Read sentence by sentence
• Read words as you type
Stunning visual tools even highlight the text as it is being read aloud.
The integrated PDF-reader will allow you to open any OCR-processed PDF-file in AppWriter and have it read aloud with color highlighting.
AppWriter contains a word prediction feature. Word prediction enables you to develop your writing skills by providing the tools to construct sentences with ease. Context based word suggestions will allow you to produce high quality work and reduce the time it takes to do so.
AppWriter predicts the word you want to use next. This means that you will be less likely to make grammatical or spelling errors.
Word prediction is available with the ability to hear each word before selection.
Word prediction can be used with or without auto-space after a predicted word, and it can be shown in the text or just above the keyboard.
The Dyslexie font is another great feature in AppWriter. The specific characteristics of the Dyslexie font make it easier for people with dyslexia to distinguish the individual letters. This reduces the number of reading errors as well as the effort it takes to read the text.
AppWriter comes with American English, Canadian French and American Spanish.
We introduce a unique profile.
● If you create a new profile in AppWriter, you get access to your own user dictionary, read aloud features and phonetic spelling.
● An active internet connection is required to create a profilel
● When you are online, your profile will automatically sync to AppWriter Cloud.
● Your Profile is always accessible from any iPad with AppWriter installed. As long as you have internet connection, you can log out of AppWriter on one iPad and log in to AppWriter on another iPad, and your profile will then automatically synchronize your dictionary and your phonetic spelling to that iPad. If you are not online, changes to your profile will synchronize when you are online again.
How do you manage the created documents? It can be emailed, copied to clipboard for use in another app, send as an iMessage, directly to Twitter or exported to Dropbox or Google Docs.
AppWriter is an all-in-one assistive technology tool. AppWriter is available on many different platforms and devices.
What's New in Version 2.7
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
* NEW PDF FEATURE *
You can now tap on any word in a pdf document and start the read aloud feature from the word you just selected.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 581 MB
- Languages: English, Danish
- Seller: Wizkids A/S
- © 2013 Wizkids A/S
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.