The design of the Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostat App provides users information when and where it’s needed. Options can be selected that automatically control the indoor environment based on the needs of each individual consumer’s home. When events occur in the home that affect the indoor air quality, the Aprilaire exclusive Event-Based™ control options make managing and improving the air quality simple.
The Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostat App allows you to control temperature and also all aspects of your home’s comfort from across the living room or across the country. The app is compatible with all Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostats and features an intuitive, user-friendly design and usability.
Please visit my.aprilaire.com or call 1-800-545-2219 if you have any questions or need assistance with setting up your Aprilaire Wi-Fi thermostat on the App.
Aprilaire Exclusive Features
• Instantly confirm status (on, off, idle) of all IAQ and HVAC equipment from the home screen.
• Ability to control temperature and all IAQ equipment
• Event-Based™ control of Air Cleaning and Fresh Air allow for instant control over situations affecting health and comfort, such as increased allergy and dust levels, odors and stagnant air.
• Automatic Humidifier Control
• Automatic Dehumidifier Control
• Simple control and override of schedules for maximum energy savings and improved comfort
Premium Control Features
• Programmable schedule – easy to program and override with Away mode and Heat Blast™
• Temperature and IAQ alerts:
o Know what’s going on in your house even if you’re not home with alerts about high or low temperatures, low or high humidity, equipment failure and outdoor allergy information.
• 3-day weather forecast with various pollen levels
• Help information for consumers available in app and online
Other Key Features:
• Access to multiple Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostats from a single account and device
• Access to thermostats in multiple locations
• A demo mode to help guide you through the apps many features
Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Garbage, only one user can access thermostat
I made my own new account (because I'm my own person) and filled out the thermostat registration form only to be told the thermostat is already registered (to my partner's account, he made his first).
Okay, fine, I'll log out and log in as him - logging out just hard quits the app. When I reopen the app, it skips the login page and goes right back to the thermostat registration form.
It's like the development team didn't (or couldn't) design for the use case of more than one user in a household. Not much of an edge case if you ask me but I see why everyone wants a Nest or an Ecobee and not this poorly designed app that can't even get the basics right.
After reading the reviews I was weary of buying this thermostat and trying the app. But, for me it seems to work just fine. The app has all the basic functions and more. It controls the temp great and we have a humidifier that is connected to the unit that it controls as well. All in all it does exactly what we need it to do and more. I have not had the connection issues that a lot of people have complained about.
This app is really buggy. The state of our address gets changed all the time. Today, all fields (name, address) have gibberish text. We changed them multiple times and though every tome it says it’s saved properly, it goes back to the gibberish text again. They also base hour by time zone which doesn’t work for us as we live in a state that doesn’t have daylight savings time. We have also set up the cleaning mode on each thermostat and it seems that the app doesn’t save the selection that we’ve made. I am finding alternatives of this product. Very disappointed!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.