Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostat App
By Research Products Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The design of the Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostat App provides users information when and where it’s needed. Options can be selected that automatically control the indoor environment based on the needs of each individual consumer’s home. When events occur in the home that affect the indoor air quality, the Aprilaire exclusive Event-Based™ control options make managing and improving the air quality simple.
The Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostat App allows you to control temperature and also all aspects of your home’s comfort from across the living room or across the country. The app is compatible with all Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostats and features an intuitive, user-friendly design and usability.
Aprilaire Exclusive Features
• Instantly confirm status (on, off, idle) of all IAQ and HVAC equipment from the home screen.
• Ability to control temperature and all IAQ equipment
• Event-Based™ control of Air Cleaning and Fresh Air allow for instant control over situations affecting health and comfort, such as increased allergy and dust levels, odors and stagnant air.
• Automatic Humidifier Control
• Automatic Dehumidifier Control
• Simple control and override of schedules for maximum energy savings and improved comfort
Premium Control Features
• Programmable schedule – easy to program and override with Away mode and Heat Blast™
• Temperature and IAQ alerts:
o Know what’s going on in your house even if you’re not home with alerts about high or low temperatures, low or high humidity, equipment failure and outdoor allergy information.
• 3-day weather forecast with various pollen levels
• Help information for consumers available in app and online
Other Key Features:
• Access to multiple Aprilaire Wi-Fi Thermostats from a single account and device
• Access to thermostats in multiple locations
• A demo mode to help guide you through the apps many features
What's New in Version 1.14
UI changes and new features.
Aprilaire Wi-Fi thermostat App - suggestions
What a great convenience to keep on top of your house thermostat from anywhere in the world. I have two thermostats in my house. This App works smoothly in controlling the thermostats remotely, as well as informing me of the house temperature AND the outdoor temperature. Needed improvements? The App takes a few seconds to reconnect with the thermostat each time it is opened. That's to be expected, HOWEVER, the text announcing the process needs to be improved. I don't need to be asked every time if I want to add a new thermostat, open an account, or sign out, etc. JUST RECONNECT DANGIT AND GIVE ME THE INFO I AM SEEKING!
After hours of trying to get my thermostat to show up on the app, I gave up. I successfully connected the thermostat to the router and can see the thermostat on my router config page, but when I open the app and login it says "unable to connect to thermostat". I made sure I was connected 2.5ghz so have no idea what the problem is. There needs to be more troubleshooting information on the owners manual as well.