Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the favourite APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
• Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
• Track multiple stations at the same time
• Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
• View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
• Beacon your position on aprs.fi
• Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
• Tested to work great on iPhone 4S, 5 and 6, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
• Supports iOS 8/9/10
• High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
Buy the app – get the web site for free!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
GPS is not required for viewing APRS information.
What's New in Version 1.6.5
• Fixed a bug which caused the time of last beacon to be calculated incorrectly when beaconing is off and the application is in the background for an extended time.
• Fixed a bug, introduced in version 1.6.4, which caused beaconing to not be re-enabled on when the application was reopened.
• New translation: Polish (Thank you, SQ8VPS!)
If you like the app, please consider rating it in the App Store. Previous reviews are hidden with each new version of the application.
If you encounter any problems, please send me an email from the Feedback view! Thank you.
Previous Driving Route
I love this app over all the others for one special reason. I like making sure that my stuff is beaconing, especially because I use smart beaconing. I can search for my various callsign with the various SSIDs that I use and go back in time. I don't see that functionality with OpenAPRS. Note: those of you that are new please beacon only every 10 to 15 minutes if you are using time beaconing. You are overloading the system by sending out your location every 30 seconds. Learn to use Smart Beaconing. Thanks and 73 AA6RV
Using APRS for weekend public service events and still getting used to it. I like the feature where I can enter a series of stations working an event and follow just them on the screen. I need a wireless connection, but what does not these days?
I would like to be able to assign an alias to a call sign, e.g., SAG 9, rather than have to click on the comments to see if the operator has included this detail.
Works well and a bit easier to get the info you want while mobile compared to using website.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 11, 2017
- Version: 1.6.5
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: GainIO Oy
- © 2017 GainIO Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.