Receiving APRS is 100% free. Only TX is paid.
Since APRS pro has been released, the popular hamradio network changed forever. This app has exciting features and a unique user interface because it was strictly designed for the most demanding hams only.
Unlike other APRS apps, you can swipe your fingers along the map and find what’s happening in remote areas across the globe, in real time!
With its built-in 300/1200 baud TNC audiomodem, you can optionally connect your iPhone directly to a HF or VHF Radio and work APRS (TX/RX) without cellular coverage. If you don't have a radio, the app will use the APRS-IS via internet, or you can use both systems simultaneously and gate RF traffic to IS, giving your contribution to the APRS-IS network. A digipeater is also included.
Search remote stations, find local analogue and D-STAR repeaters, modes and frequencies, echolink nodes, ham swap events, ham fests and shops and eventually weather reports. The richness of the information is so vast that even hams who didn't appreciate doing APRS just became fans of APRS pro.
Broadcast your own beacon! Send your location, speed, altitude, course, iPhone battery voltage and status, GPS signal quality and your own customizable text to the APRS network (including aprs.fi and findu.com) even when the app is running in background (it will drain less than 2% of your battery level every hour when running in background as the GPS will be turned ON only every ten minutes - with built in TNC switched off). If your device is charging, then the app will increase the transmission rate automatically.
The innovative and robust software design lets the app running for days, weeks, even monhts either in foreground or background without ever stopping.
APRSpro is a living app, just like the symbols of your beacon. If you are stopped you can "be" a "Cellphone", or a "Ham Operator". But if you start moving, the app will dinamically change your symbol to a "Car", or to a "Truck", even better, to an "RV". You are in full control, so you are the one who decides.
When driving, look for the best route by watching the native Live Traffic information displayed on the map. Decide if you want to see POI (Points of Interest), buildings, trails, callsign labels and compass. Disable the native screen saver for a "Always ON" smooth operation.
You can easily chat with other hams around the world, via the APRS network, as if you were just sending text messages. Our server will retrieve your messages and send them to you later even if you were offline.
The app will instantly retrieve the remote station’s location address and operator’s name. This is just great to connect to new ham friends while travelling. Then, jusk ask them for the best local atractions.
You can also link a SPOT/inReach Satellite tracking device to the APRS Network
Check for updates regularly as we will keep adding advanced features very frequently!
«Don't miss the excitement of the APRS activity! APRSpro is becoming a legend. Are you already a part of it?»
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- D-Star Repeaters List: $0.99/month
- Receive Messages while offline: $9.99/yr
- SPOT/inReach Satellite to APRS: $14.99/yr
- Enable TX: $9.99/year
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that service.
Market place and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The user interface is just plain terrible, and confusing even to a tech-minded ham like myself. The main screen is difficult to understand and even harder to use, and that’s before you have death by a thousand submenus. It’s a shame, because this app seems to have all the functionality I need — if I could find it.
New version is ok
The new version is working ok. I have some improvements in usability:
- possible to use landscape mode
- please add support for map caching for offline use
- please add support for custom map URLs with tms format
It doesn’t work!
While this app does report your position, it does not… I repeat does “not“ show the position of anyone else on the map!!
Wasn’t that the whole point of the application?
I would love to use this, but it just… doesn’t… work!!
- Duarte Braga
- 26.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © All rights reserved to the author
- In-App Purchases
- Enable APRS TX - 1 Year Subscription $9.49
- Enable APRS TX - Lifetime $17.99
- D-Star Repeaters List - Monthly Subscription $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.