Aqua: Bluetooth Low Energy Discovery Probe and Terminal for Bluetooth 4.0, BLE, BTLE & Bluetooth Smart
By MEA Mobile
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Aqua, a Bluetooth Low Energy discovery probe and terminal (RXTX). This app is for BlueTooth Low Energy ONLY. Bluetooth Low Energy is also known as BTLE, BLE, BlueTooth 4.0, and Bluetooth Smart. It will NOT connect to or discover standard Bluetooth Devices.
- Receive Functions, HEX & ASCII
- SEND Function
- Advanced Services Discovery
- Notify Function: HEX & ASCII
- Services Mimic
- Central & Peripheral Modes
- Compatible all Apple devices released since the iPhone 4S in 2012
Central Mode: Scans for peripherals within range. Tap to connect. Use Central Mode to explore available services on a specific chip.
Peripheral Mode: Allows you to use your phone to emulate a specific BLE Service. For example you can setup your iPhone to act as a Heart Rate monitor.
Connectivity: BTLE may disconnect periodically because it is designed to conserve energy.
IMPORTANT: Ensure you are sending properly formatted data specific to the target device. DO NOT use the SEND feature unless you understand the receiving device’s protocols.
Example on How to Connect 2 iPhones:
- Ensure your Bluetooth is ON for both devices.
- Device 2: Tap Peripheral
- Device 2: Tap + on Navigation Bar
- Device 2: Select ‘Immediate Alert’ Service
- Device 1: Tap Central
- Device 1: Select the iPhone listed.
- Device 1: Tap ‘Immediate Alert’ on Services List screen.
- Device 1: Tap ‘Alert Level’ on Characteristics Screen.
- Device 1: Tap the Send Box
- Device 1: Enter “000”
- Device 2: Tap Peripheral
- Device 2: Tap ‘Immediate Alert’ on Services List screen.
- Device 2: Tap ‘Alert Level’ on Characteristics Screen.
- Device 2: View “000” in the Peripheral
Chip Compatibility Includes:
ASSMANN WSW Components
Laird - Embedded Wireless Solutions
Multi-Tech Systems, Inc.
Panasonic Electronic Components
Roving Networks, Inc.
Also by MEA Mobile:
AnyTime: Color coded clocks for use with multiple time zones are now always in your Mac Task Bar (Menu Bar).
Actual for WorkFlowMax: Compact Mac time keeper app built for WorkFlowMax.
Ray Tools Engineering Apps for iPad including:
AC Input Operational Amplifier Simulator
Compression Spring Design
Inverting Operational Amplifier Simulator
Output Driver Devices Simulator
Sensor Input Devices Simulator
Search "Ray Tools" on the App Store for a complete list.
- Category: Utilities
- Released: Jul 06, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MEA Mobile Limited
- © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.