An app to satisfy all your Fishing and Boating's needs, developed with the help of expert boaters. Download the best up-to-date Nautical Charts to safely enjoy the new boating season. Plan your route, record the GPS track and markers, shot geo-pictures and share the experience with your friends....and much more.
• Optimised for both iPhone and iPad use
• Amazingly clear Marine charts
• Only Official Nautical Charts
• Download the maps on the device, to be used later offline without any internet connection
• Tides & Currents prediction ans simulation (only in US & Canada)
• Anchor alarm with advanced configuration
• Plan and navigate your ROUTE with real-time information on next waypoint
• Expand your horizons with mapXpan (patent pending)
• ActiveCaptain community integration
• Waterway Guide POIs integration
• Optimized battery usage
• Share and load tracks, markers, routes and pictures (KMZ and GPX)
• Overlay the Satellite images on your map
• Measure distances on the map
• Query map objects at your finger tip
• Search map objects around you or search locations worldwide
Aqua Map lets you download - No additional purchases!!! - the best US Nautical charts (from NOAA) and US Major Rivers (from USACE) with depth contours, buoys, lights, etc. and all it is necessary to enjoy your best fishing experience. A complete land chart with roads, tracks, and important places is also included. You can download the maps at home within your device and then use them on the boat without any Internet connection. Check our Nautical charts at: http://www.globalaquamaps.com/AquaMarine.html#USA
► ROUTES and WAYPOINTS
Plan your trip, insert and edit waypoints. Navigate your route and monitor distance, time (ETA) and direction toward your next waypoint or your final destination
► ANCHOR ALARM
This function will check in realtime your GPS position against your anchor position previously defined. An acoustic and visual alarm will run as soon as your GPS position is out of the preferred range.
► TIDES & CURRENTS
You can calculate the prediction for more than 6800 stations in the US & Canada. You can also have a simulation of the T&C trend on the map.
This map mode will greatly extend your display; you will have the details you need for a safe navigation, seamlessly integrated with a large overview area. The map will display an area 64 times larger maintaing the same level of detail around your boat.
► LOADING and SHARING
You can share your favorite's markers on Facebook or send an email with your last daily track. Not only, you can also load any KML, KMZ, GPX (also zipped) found in internet or received from your friends.
► ActiveCaptain Community
Join the community of more than 100.000 boaters who write reviews, update data and provide up to date hazard information.
Read and contribute reviews and rating about marinas, shared local boating knowledge, anchorage and hazards
► Waterway Guide
Marinas, hazards, anchorages, bridges, free docks and much more to cover the entire US coastline.
► OPTIMIZED BATTERY USAGE
Unlike many other apps, Aqua Map is designed to use at the best the battery power. Its Battery Consumption Monitoring will stop the track recording when the battery is too low, in order to ensure the phone is still usable at the end of your navigation.
Like any GPS, the signal quality can vary very much depending by the amount of visible sky, weather condition, etc. GPS is not reliable indoor.
The continuous GPS usage, also in background, can drastically reduce the battery life.
• Improved internationalization management
• Some minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Better than free version?
Unclear to me how the Pro version offers anything better than the free version. Additionally, it appears Garmin has blocked the use of Active Captain with this product.
Developer Response ,
the main difference is in the limited number (1) of areas you can download and in the number (3) of Markers, Tracks and Routes you can store in the Free App, whereas you do not have any limit in this Paid App.
Currently ActiveCaptain is fully working on the App (Garmin has not blocked the use of it). If you are having any trouble in using ActiveCaptain data please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will solve it.
Aqua Map Support Team
Pretty good Nav map
This is a pretty good marine Nav map for a gps equipped iPad. I wish it had an option on minimum font size, since it seems to always scale some type down so small I can’t read it.
That plus show AIS on the map, if you’re in internet range would be nice.
Great Cruising Ap
Got it mainly for Active Captain and found it to be much more! I use it for planning and as a backup for my Garmin chart plotter.
- GEC s.r.l.
- 92.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 - 2018 GEC srl
- In-App Purchases
- Canada nautical charts $22.99
- Bahamas - Explorer Chartbooks $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.