An app to satisfy all your Fishing and Boating's needs, developed with the help of expert boaters. Download the best up-to-date Nautical Charts to safely enjoy the new boating season. With the Aqua Map Master transform your device in a real ChartPlotter.
• Optimised for both iPhone and iPad
• Download the maps on the device for offline usage
• Plan and navigate your ROUTE with real-time information on next waypoint
• Anchor alarm with advanced configuration
• Tides & Currents prediction and simulation
• Share and load tracks, markers and routes (KMZ and GPX)
• - NEW - ActiveCaptain & Waterway Guide community integration
• - NEW - Connect your NMEA devices through WiFi
• - NEW - Overlay the USACE surveys on top of your charts
• - NEW - Check all the bridges, hazards and best fuel prices along your route
• Display AIS info from external devices with automatic collision detection
• Expand your horizons with mapXpan (patent pending)
• Overlay the Satellite images on your map
• Measure distances on the map
• Query map objects at your finger tip
• Works perfectly in iPad multi-screen mode
• Optimized battery usage
Aqua Map lets you download - No additional purchases!!! - the best US Nautical charts (from NOAA) and US Major Rivers (from USACE) with depth contours, buoys, lights, etc. and all it is necessary to enjoy your best fishing experience. A complete land chart with roads, tracks, and important places is also included. You can download the maps at home within your device and then use them on the boat without any Internet connection. Check our Nautical charts at: http://www.globalaquamaps.com/AquaMarine.html#USA
► ROUTES and WAYPOINTS
Plan your trip, insert and edit waypoints. Navigate your route and monitor distance, time (ETA) and direction toward your next waypoint or your final destination.
► ANCHOR ALARM
This function will check in realtime your GPS position against your anchor position previously defined. An acoustic and visual alarm will run as soon as your GPS position is out of the preferred range.
► TIDES & CURRENTS
You can calculate the prediction for more than 6800 stations in the US & Canada. You can also have a simulation of the T&C trend on the map.
► LOADING and SHARING
You can share your favorite's markers on Facebook or send an email with your last daily track. Not only, you can also load any KML, KMZ, GPX (also zipped) found in internet or received from your friends.
Join the community of more than 100.000 boaters who write reviews, update data and provide up to date hazard information.
Read and contribute reviews and rating about marinas, shared local boating knowledge, anchorage and hazards
► Waterway Guide
Marinas, hazards, anchorages, bridges, free docks and much more to cover the entire US coastline.
► Aqua Map Master - NEW -
With this subscription you will access a set of advanced functions that will transform your device in a real ChartPlotter (.. and more).
Connect your NMEA (and SignalK) devices through the WiFi and use their data for all the App functions (eg Anchor Alarm), download and display the last USACE surveys, consult the Route Explorer with bridges, hazards and best fuel prices calculation, display the AIS targets on the map with automatic collision detection.
► TYPE OF PURCHASES
- Unlimited: you can download and update your charts forever.
- Subscription: it is a one year auto-renewable subscription, it will automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: http://www.globalaquamaps.com/Acknowledge.html
The continuous GPS usage, also in background, can drastically reduce the battery life.
Use the Aqua Map Master functionalities to transform your device in a real ChartPlotter:
► Use and display information from external NMEA and SignalK devices through WiFi
► Overlay USACE surveys (only US) on top of your charts
► Consult the new Route Explorer with bridges, hazards and best fuel prices calculation (where community info are available)
► Display AIS info from external devices with automatic collision detection
In this version we solved some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very good navigation app. I bought it specifically because it offers Explorer Charts on a non-subscription basis but I was presently surprised at how well tides, Active Captain and waterway info is integrated. It also provides much better detail than Navionics in shallow areas. I do find the download and chart purchasing process clunky like having to buy through iTunes - really. Also it is not as smooth or fast at transiting scale as other navigation apps and seems to lag at times. The zoom function I find worthless on a phone and wish I could make that button disappear. All in all though a good app with distinct advantages.
I was looking for an alternative to BlueChart mobile since Garmin has again decided to take a good product away from us just as it became popular on the market. Blue chart mobile now lies in the huge graveyard of other discontinued Garmin products. But that is ok because this App is one of the very best on the market, at any price. It has lots of useful features with all the detail of the US coast that the most expensive electronic charts have. Can’t believe it’s free! One negative is the lack of coverage in the Bahamas. My understanding is that the only charts with detailed coverage of the Bahamas are the Explorer charts.
Pretty good Nav map
This is a pretty good marine Nav map for a gps equipped iPad. I wish it had an option on minimum font size, since it seems to always scale some type down so small I can’t read it.
That plus show AIS on the map, if you’re in internet range would be nice.
- GEC s.r.l.
- 108.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 - 2019 GEC srl
- In-App Purchases
- Aqua Map Master $9.99
- Bahamas - Explorer Chartbooks $69.99
- Canada nautical charts $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.