AquariumScape is an application designed to help you keep your freshwater aquarium, by providing information about fish species, compatibility among them, and help in most common disease identification and diagnosis. It contains a freshwater fish species reference guide so that you can consult technical details about your fish.
The following features are present in AquariumScape:
- Technical Search: search all the fish base catalog for many fish characteristics, like pH, dH, food type, family etc.
- Fish Photos: AquariumScape lets you share fish species photos. Save, print or share any fish photo from our fish base with your friends via e-mail. Printing is based on iOS AirPrint compatibility
- Fish Disease Diagnosis Assistant: AquariumScape provides healthcare information for your fish. The diagnosis assistant helps you identify possible common diseases and how to treat them accurately
- Test Aquarium Compatibility: Mixing fish species within the same tank may be a problem and requires attention. The “My Aquarium” feature lets you simulate several fish species within the same tank and then provide a compatibility analysis based on pH, dH, fish temperament and determines whether species you want to mix within the same tank may coexist with no problems
- Push Notifications: You can enable AquariumScape to receive push notifications into your device whenever a species update is available
- Facebook/Twitter/Sina Weibo social network integration - AquariumScape enables you to pass fish information from our database to your followers on your social network
With AquariumScape, your fish will say "Thanks for taking care of me!".
Currently, AquariumScape is available for Freshwater Fish Aquarium.
IMPORTANT: Before purchasing this application, please consult www.aquariumscape.com for the current fish database size. It always keeps growing. Also, check out our tutorial videos on the website before buying and see how AquariumScape works.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea a few bugs
I like the app. When trying to add fish to the vir aquarium from search I keep getting a message the fish data is not available and the app stops working.
Good but could use some work
Good start. Data base very informative and growing. Virtual tank is a good idea especially the compatibility test, which factors in fish behavior, and necessary water conditions. Also the Health section is outstanding with many illustrations... App does not seem to support iCloud communications with other devises as similar apps due. The same info (ex. a virtual tank) created the iPhone doe not appear in the copy of the app on the iPad after downloading from the purchased section. The "News Center" once opened, doesn't have a way to close it except to close the entire App and restart. Also recommend Lab results enable two places right of the decimal point vice one. Yes I have a digital PH meter....
Developer Response ,
Hi Dave. Thanks for your feedback. Finally Apple has recently opened this feature for us to respond to evaluations and opinions. You're correct - iCloud is still not implemented and that is in our future plans. Also, thanks for the issue reported for News Center. We've tested latest release 3.0.13 and issue is addressed as per our tests. Please test it again and in case it still presents the issue, please e-mail us to email@example.com. We'll be glad to assist you.
Thanks and Regards
Only useful for small tank hobbiests
This app is ok for your in-home pet fish in a small tank. It does not address what I was looking for, namely help with raising food fish. It has no data at all on species such as tilapia or perch. If you look up catfish, it lists a pile of the miniature ones, but no mention of channel catfish, which are large and used for food. Tank size has a limit of 1000 liters. Temperature is listed in degrees centigrade; you will have to convert to Fahrenheit manually.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.