Welcome to a new world of flash cards. The original AR Flashcards make learning fun with the technology of Augmented Reality!
Winner of the 2013 Edublog Award for Best Mobile App!
"It’s definitely unique and a very clever way to get children involved in learning the alphabet and animal names." - TheiPhoneMom.com
“Through the use of augmented reality (AR) and flashcards – this app allows your children to learn in a new and exciting way! A new approach to flashcards!” - Digital Mom Blog
“My daughter was repeating the letters and animal names and I could tell that she was learning a lot from this app, which of course is what is most important to me as a parent.” – MidwesternMoms.com
“Children will love playing around with the cards and animals while learning the letters of the alphabet.” – Appysmarts.com
AR Flashcards are a new way to interact and make Flashcards more entertaining for toddlers and preschoolers. With AR Flashcards, learning is fun! When you point your device at the printed flashcard a beautifully rendered 3D animal will pop up on the screen. Tap the animal to hear the letter and animal name.
- 26 beautifully rendered Animals to help your toddler or preschooler learn the alphabet!
- 6 beautifully rendered Dinosaurs!
- Tap on each Animal to hear the Letter and name of the Animal!
- Tap the screenshot button to save your pics of the beautiful AR animals!
- New create mode where you can augment any image with our animals!
- You can print out the flashcards or if you own two iOS devices you can access the flashcards from within the app in a beautiful swipeable gallery!
*Note* You must visit http://www.arflashcards.com/ to download and print the free Flashcard Markers necessary to make this app work. This app will work in color and black and white. This app will only work on devices with a camera.
- iOS 12 bug fixes
- In app purchase to remove ads.
- New Create a flash card mode! You can now augment any image with one of our animals. Educators can have their students draw a cat or a dog and then augment that drawing with our animals!
- Added a new question mark button for new users to understand how to use AR Flashcards.
- Made the monkey larger! Is it good enough now?
We have a lot of ideas for the next version of Animal Alphabet. Stay tuned.
Ratings and Reviews
A Reading Teacher's Perspective
This app is very engaging and exciting. Little ones will love it. However, I'm a bit concerned, as a primary teacher, with three of the five vowel sounds. When teaching introductory vowel sounds, they should be introduced as "short" sounds. The "I" is pronounced like a long "E" sound in Iguana but should sound like the "I" in inchworm (or use the iguana, but pronounce it with the short "i" sound) The "O" in owl is teaching the "ow" sound, but should sound like the "O" in octopus. The "U" in urchin is teaching the "UR" sound and should be the "U" sound in umbrellabird. These seem to be simple changes to incorporate. At this point, I will not be able to use this with my students unless the vowel sound changes are made. :)
Awesome Toddler App!
This is a great interactive app for toddlers learning their ABC's. I didn't know what to expect when I had to print out "flash cards" for the app but now I understand. You place your phone over the flash card and a 3D version of the animal comes to life! My grandson squealed with delight. A little girls voice says the letter...very cute.
This is a very unique app and I haven't come across anything like it yet.
I highly recommend. 5 stars.
When I downloaded a set of flashcards for space nothing happened. It took me a little time to realize that I needed the animal flashcards. (You have to purchase the app for the space pictures.) Once I got the correct set for this app the result has been amazing. My students are Dyslexic and they love this.
- Peak Reality, LLC
- 309.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Peak Reality, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.