Aralon: Sword and Shadow HD
By Crescent Moon Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Holiday Sale - 80% off!!!
That which is done cannot be undone, but it can be avenged.
From the Creators of the award winning Ravensword: The Fallen King,The Elder Scrolls Artist Mark Jones, and
Developer Galoobeth Games, comes ARALON: SWORD AND SHADOW, an Epic 3d Role-Playing Adventure.
An iPhone 3d RPG inspired by that classic vein that focuses on a compelling story, a unique hero, and an open 3D world ready for exploration. Journey through the Kingdom of Aralon and unravel its mysteries.
- Cloud Save: Save your game progress and access it on multiple IOS devices
- Full Retina Display and iPad Support
- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Gorgeous and dynamic 3d environments
- 3rd and First Person play modes
- Full Day/Night cycle and dynamic lighting effects
- Epic Soundtrack and realistic sound effects
- Customizable characters, including hairstyles, armor, and different faces
- 4 Character Classes
- Unique Skill Trees for each class
- 3 Playable Races: Humans, Elves, and Trolls
- A primary quest and multiple, optional side-quests
- Hundreds of items to acquire and wield
- Comprehensive Inventory System
- Battle various enemies that use different fighting tactics
- Faction system, herb gathering, crafting potions and
magical items, dual-wielding, lockpicking, pick-pocketing, and more
- Swimming, Fishing, Campfires
- 8 Different Mount Types, including horses, dragons, and more
- Fully animated 3d characters
- Pets and henchmen to help you in your quests
- Save system with 6 different save slots
follow @cm_games on Twitter for more great games and deals!
What's New in Version 3.31
-fixed Uthu's Fortress
Amazing RPG for iOS
I can't believe such a full featured RPG could be made on iOS, I thought it was all Angry Birds and Bejeweled crap. If you've played Oblivion you know what the gameplay is like. The controls took just a little bit of time to get familiar with but now feel natural. Things I don't like:
1. Initiating a conversation is slow - the person you are talking too first takes a bow before speaking, it gets annoying after awhile.
2. It also takes too much time to pull your sword out and initiate the first swing in combat.
3. It's too easy. I played through the first area with a couple of different character classes to get a feel for the difficulty before starting my main campaign. I chose a Paladin on hard difficulty and it's still pretty easy. I rarely get hurt by enemies, let alone killed by them. Missions in the upper levels give out a ton of experience so leveling is easy. It's also too easy to get upper-level equipment, I was able to buy one of the best swords in the game when I was only at level 15 or so.
4. Items in the stores aren't grouped by quality - you have to tap and look at all of them to find the best one that a store sells.
5. Not enough magic items - sure, you can get runes here and there to upgrade your equipment which is thankfully pretty simple compared to some other games I've played (I'm looking at you Zenonia 4) but overall finding special items is pretty rare.
Five Star For Sure
Impressive. I would compare it to games like King's Field, Two Worlds and Morrowind(If you play in first person). It plays great on my good old iPhone 3GS and I have all the graphics set to the highest quality and its smooth as silk and could pass for a ps2 game as far as the textures and polygons go. It's more than sufficient considering its a mobile game.
This is a full RPG experience, complete with character creation, customization and upgrading. The choices are a bit limited as far as your initial appearance goes but I was able to create a character I'm happy with so it's not bad.
The story is engaging and driving, the monster roster is D&D-ish which I love and the music is well composed and, at times, epic.
My only complaint is that the combat is a bit sketchy due to the camera angles and the auto-targeting. It gets a bit confusing trying to figure out which way you were going after you finish a battle due to the lack of a local area map. These complaints are by no means deal-breakers though. Combat is still fun and there is a good selection of combat abilities.
This is my favorite iOS 3d RPG. Currently Epic Hearts is my favorite 2d though. Aralon is definitely worth the slightly hefty price. I lucked out and got it free several months ago but I just recently began actually playing it. Wish I hadn't waited.
Great RPGS, but Irritating Glitches
This game is great as a whole, and the land is more expansive than one map will show. For that, it would be great to have some way to teleport around when you no longer need to kill everything along the way for experience and items. It would also be good to have a way to teleport to a nearby town to hock some items then zip back to where you first teleported from. Unfortunately, these things don't exist, so best you have is a horse/wolf/drake to ride around on to speed up the process. Now, glitches: your traveling companions, when you hire some, will often disappear on you when transitioning from area to area when the transition requires loading. They'll eventually come back, but it won't be until another area load. They also sometimes get lost in the ground, as was the case in the swamp area. Some of the enemies did this as well, which made them near impossible to target. Also, when the enemy was lost in the ground, my guys continued to attack- leading to the desire to have team controls to tell them to disengage. Finally, target-switching would be great, as sometimes a friendly unit would remain targeted until getting closer to the action at a different angle- wasting time and sometimes costing a friendly life. So, save often, save multiple files, and don't go selling anything unique right away as it may be needed to continue the main story. Due to glitches, I give 4 stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 09, 2012
- Version: 3.31
- Size: 326 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crescent Moon Games LLC
- © CrescentMoonGames.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Karma$1.99
- 350 Karma$5.99
- 600 Karma$9.99
- 1500 Karma$19.99
- 5000 Karma$59.99
- 10000 Karma$99.99