By Architizer LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Architizer, the online source for new architecture, is now on iPad. Tens of thousands of buildings are represented with huge pictures, all in a constantly updated stream.
Every week, hundreds of new buildings are added to Architizer.com by the architects who design them. No more waiting for a coffee table monograph or a monthly magazine in the mail – the Architizer app is a new kind of glossy magazine showcasing the best examples of architecture in magnificent resolution with an elegant iPad interface.
- The Grid – A matrix of the best projects on Architizer, updated in real time. Launch the app and scroll through every project featured on Architizer.
- Categories – Interested in apartments? Skyscrapers? Interiors? No problem. We took the guesswork out of flipping through magazines. Click on one of our pre-programmed categories and the grid will reshuffle to show you just the project types you’re looking for.
- Learn More – Inside a project, tap on the image and Architizer will show you a project description, a pinpointed map location, and architecture firm intel.
- Dig Deeper – If you want to see more projects designed by a given firm, click on the firm icon.
About the App
- Any Direction – The app works in vertical or horizontal scroll modes.
- Spread the Word – Easy integration with Facebook and Twitter accounts lets you share the buildings you fall in love with to your network of friends.
- Infinite Scroll – Browse through every project that's been featured on Architizer.
- Email – Send your favorite finds to your architect or designer to show them specific sources of inspiration, or collect them to make your own look book.
What's New in Version 1.3
* General improvements
Needs a Bud Fix
When sharing something via email or Facebook the dialogue box doesn't close after pressing send or cancel, and it will send a million time if you continue to hit send... The settings menu will not allow you to scroll to see more of the setting options I can see as far as bout this app, and part of what's below it. Otherwise it's a very useful app for an architecture student, would prefer more frequent updates, or addition of new buildings.
A little glitchy
This app is very cool, but it is really glitchy. I like that I can look at all of these different designs, but I wish that I would be able to save some of them for future reference. And it wouldn't even have to be a folder in the application. I'd like to be able to just hold my finger on a picture and have the option to save it to my camera roll appear. But other than that I really like the app.
I love this app
I would love it if this app were for the iPhone. I'm an aspiring architect and often use many of these photos to learn and draw from. And I would love it if I could use my iPhone to access the same great quality photos. This app is also beginning to malfunction and is in need of an update, possible HD too-