Archiver is a powerful, feature-rich archiving utility for the Mac to open archives, compress files, as well as split and combine files.
• Smooth, easy-to-use user interface that blends beautifully into your Mac
• Smart drag & drop to save you time
• Conveniently preview archives
• Lighting-fast archive decompression
• Tailor to your needs with flexible power options
• Open popular archive formats such as RAR, StuffIt, Zip, 7zip, and many more
• Reduce file and folder size with strong compression
• Encrypt and password-protect sensitive data
• Convert exotic archive formats to more common ones for easier file sharing
• Split and combine files
• Never worry about file formats again
• Drag in your archives and let Archiver handle the rest for you
• Extract all the common archive formats such as .rar, .7zip, .zip and .sit
• Unpack most of the not-so-common formats too, see the list below
• Conveniently quick look an archive's file contents
• See what's inside an archive without having to extract it
• Unpack only the files you need
• Reclaim hard disk space by packing files and folders into an archive
• Choose compression level from low (faster) to strong (slower)
• Optionally encrypt archives with a password
Power options for power users
• Choose a default output folder
• Automatically delete archives after extraction
• Skip preview stages for even faster archive opening, creation and conversion
Split and combine files
• Split large files into smaller files of any desired size
• Works great for files too large to send by email or to fit onto a disk
• Compress the split files for extra space savings
• Optionally generate a checksum to verify file integrity for added security
Supported file formats
• 7zip (7z, 7z.001, 7z.002, ...)
• Tar Gzip (tar.gz, tgz)
• Tar Bzip2 (tar.bz2, tbz)
• Tar Z (tar.Z)
• CPIO (cpio)
• ARJ [read only]
• CAB [read only]
• LhA (lha, lzh) [read only]
• StuffIt (sit) [read only]
• StuffIt Expander Archive (sea) [read only]
• BinHex (hqx) [read only]
• MacBinary (bin, macbin) [read only]
• Linux RPM (rpm) [read only]
• PAX [read only]
• Amiga disk file (adf) [read only]
• RAR (rar, r00, r01, r02, ...) [read only]
• Compressed Amiga disk file (adz, ADZ) [read only]
• Amiga DMS disk archive (dms, DMS) [read only]
• Amiga LhF (f, F) [read only]
• Amiga LZX (lzx) [read only]
• Amiga DCS disk archive (dcs) [read only]
• Amiga PackDev (pkd) [read only]
• Amiga xMash disk archive (xms) [read only]
• Amiga Zoom disk archive (zom) [read only]
• HA archive [read only]
• macOS / Mac OS X installer packages [read only]
• Debian packages [read only]
• ZIPx [read only]
• Web application archive [read only]
This update adds features and adds stability improvements. It is recommended that all users update.
The changes in detail:
- New: Remember the "Show Password" status between app restarts
- New: Remember encryption settings between app restarts
- New: Add password validation improvements
- New: .jar archive support
- New: .aar archive support
- New: .apk archive support
Ratings and Reviews
I needed to split a large (65 GB) zip file into smaller files, but all the the methods I read about using Terminal did not work. I found this app, and from their web site I was able to download a trial copy, and IT WORKS!
Simple intuitive interface. Expensive, but I had already spent several hours with Terminal, so I consider this money well spent.
Other reviews say it did not work. Maybe v 3.0.3 fixed things. It worked for me!
Wont even open
Have tried for the last 20 min to get this app open and it wont work. Reinstalling does nothing. Please fix this bug!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. Are you still experiencing this issue?
Can we go back ate Archiver 2?
I was very pleased with Archiver and Archiver 2, but Archiver 3 under MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) doesn’t work. No matter what files I feed Archiver 3 it attempts to open them. It simply will not archive anything regardless of the settings. Hopefully this will be fixed soon but in the meantime it is unsuseable
The issue has been corrected and Archiver 3 has been restored to my good graces. It supports a wide variety of archive formats including my personal favorite RAR.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for your review. This issue is fixed in current versions. Could you please give it another try?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.