Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Archy is an application that revolutionizes the experience with Google Drive. The cloud is back in your hands! Share, edit and preview your files like never before!
Simply drag and drop any file you want on Archy and automatically choose from all your contacts to share it. Your accounts' contacts are available, complemented also with all your Facebook friends. Easily change their rights, whether you want them to view only or also edit the document.
All the files are automatically synced with Google Drive, which gives an instantaneous access to them from any computer, tablet or mobile phone.
• Unified environment - all your Google accounts in one app.
• Open and edit all your Google Drive files on the local app or via web.
• Preview all types of files.
• Display your Google files by hierarchy - navigate within their containing folders, just like working with Apple Finder.
• Facebook support - complete your gmail contacts with your facebook friends. Profile pictures and full names makes collaboration more social.
• Simple sharing - drag and drop a file from the desktop to Archy, choose or change the permissions and much more.
• Offline Support - Archy requires no internet connection. Work normally and when reconnecting all changes made will be synchronized automatically.
• Notifications – Archy notifies you with all shared files and all changes made by your contacts within all your Google accounts.
• Search - Archy includes a powerful engine that makes all files easy to find. Even those that are not visible because of being inside folders.
• Extended Sidebar - It allows you to see and access all your files and folders directly in the main window.
• Available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Italian, French, German, Ukranian, Portuguese (Brazil) and Catalan.
• Retina Display support.
This version synchronizes all the content of your Google Drive Accounts into your Mac. On the next version you will be able to select only the folders you want to synchronize and therefore minimize the space used by Archy.
What's New in Version 0.9.5
Finding your documents is now easier with a more flexible search engine.
Increased stability through multiple crash fixes.
This update also improves overall performance and compatibility.
Not just a wrapper!
This looks and feels like a google-made app. It is really useful for just about everything - editing, viewing, and sorting. It's great for small/short screens with the fullscreen editor, and even downloads the Word documents locally. Other cool features:
- Smooth, clean interface
- Many ways to sort documents
- Document previews and search documents
- Displays/manages google contacts
- Did I mention the great interface?
- Sync in-document chat to notifications
- Option to disable/choose which folders/files to download and sync
- Left/right swipe still doesn't work for me
- When closing main window, clicking on the icon in the dock doesn't restore the main window again if there are editing windows open
Keep in mind that this app is still in a semi-beta state, so there are known bugs. For an app that focused on looks and ease of use, it provides a lot more functionality than you think! Overall, this app does everything that you wanted Google's Drive app to do in a nice interface.
Beautiful and very helpful
I dont't know about you, but I hate to leave the browser open just because I have GDocs or GMail on. That was before Archy. It's exactly what I wanted, and beyond.
If you use multiple Google accounts and hate to switch them all the time or have two browsers open for each, then Archy is worth trying out.
It isn’t working for me
It seems to work very good if I add a few files to the program. The problem is it won’t sync a folder. It starts to but quickly stops. When I try and restart the sync it actually recreates the folder and starts over. I hadto remove 7 folders all with the same name. I would love it if it worked. I do not have the premium features enabled. $9 seems steep to me as I don’t need multiple accounts.
I tried for 2 days to get this to work… It simply will not work for me.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 13, 2013
- Version: 0.9.5
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Sharit Application SL
- © 2012 Sharit Application S.L.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Archy Premium$8.99