Be rude. Be rough. Be bold. Be tough!
Arctic Pro Synthesizer / Vocoder is a modern subtractive synthesizer. It does not aim to accurately model or re-create vintage synths of yesteryear. Instead Arctic Pro offers the contemporary synthesist a rude, rough, bold and tough palette of sound to get stuck into. Including two massively fat HyperOscillators, dual filters, and easy to re-order master effects. While the Vocoder, used in conjunction with a suitable microphone, adds an extra dimension to your musical performance.
Combine two HyperOscillators and one Sub Oscillator for some seriously fat sounds. Layer up to 8 oscillators in unison to create very thick and powerful tones. Spread detune and Mix these separate oscillators in real-time. More than just a "SuperSaw" - it's also a Super-square and Super-triangle.
Legendary sound designer John ‘Skippy’ Lehmkuhl has exclusively designed the factory presets. John has worked as a professional sound designer since 1988 for Korg - making patches, combinations, drum kits as well as creating the sample data for almost every synth Korg has released since the M1. If you have owned one of these historic synthesizers you have heard John's presets.
Arctic Pro includes everything you need to record and share your audio and MIDI with others. Live record to WAV and MIDI files. Use AudioCopy, open audio directly in apps, or share with Kymatica AudioShare. Presets and Banks can be emailed and transferred via Wi-Fi and iTunes Files Sharing. And of course we also support Audiobus.
• Synthesis: analog modelling
• Polyphony: up to 4 voices
• HyperOscillators: 2 per voice, alias free, saw, triangle and square with pulse width, hard sync, ring mod, noise generator, sub-oscillator
• Filter: 2 multi-mode resonating filter with 4 filter types and variable routing
• Envelopes: mod, filter and amp ADSR envelopes with adjust curve
• Modulation: 2 LFOs with multiple wave shapes, sample and hold, 3 routable destinations per LFO, independently sync-able
• Effects: stereo master effect processors with adjustable order: 3-band EQ, Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Vocoder, Delay, Reverb
• Arpeggiator: classic arpeggiator with octave shift, MIDI-sync-able
• Sequencer: 16 x 4 gated step sequencer with multiple modulation destinations, MIDI-sync-able
• Keyboard: glissando, scroll, multi-touch poly pitch bend and aftertouch
• Works with Wizdom Music's Geo Synthesizer continuous pitch bend
• Polyphonic Aftertouch for use with CME Xkey
• Inter-App Audio for iOS 7
• AudioCopy 2.0
• MIDI Learn
• Live phrase recorder with audio and MIDI export
• File and patch sharing via iTunes File Sharing, e-mail and Wi-Fi
• Supports external MIDI in and out via CoreMIDI Networking and USB with the Camera Connection Kit
• Audio background operation
• Virtual MIDI Ports
• Open Music App Collaboration compliant
iPad 2 or later recommended
iOS 7.0 or later
- Exclusive new patch bank by Christian C. Thompson
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing to write home about...
(Yawn) Doesn't seem to have an output for audio to Bluetooth... $5 would been a more appropriate price in my opinion... Oh well, Caveat emptor! ✌🏻️😎🎹
I don't typically leave reviews. But I just drop 10 bucks on this application. And it literally will not open. I bought it based on everyone else's reviews. It must be this update or something? Buyer beware
Solid entry into crowded synth app market
Arctic ProSynth is the new synth app from One Red Dog, replacing Arctic Keys, which is a universal app now selling for half the price. Arctic ProSynth is iPad only, but it's a reasonable file size and runs well on my older iPad2.
There is a lot to like about ProSynth, and I may come to like it more as I use it. The preset banks include well over 100 sounds, and it may be one of my favorite default preset offerings of the various synths. That said, I wish there were a few more banks for download, and there isn't a ton of 3rd party content yet. Of course, you can modify and create your own, and there are TONS of ways to modify your sound. The sounds are warm and dynamic, and I find the keyboard and interface generally attractive and easy to use.
The app also has great compatibility with AudioBus and Virtual MIDI, though with an on-board arppegiator and basic sequencer, you can do a lot without other apps. Really, it's a fantastic synth app, and my excitement for it is tempered only by the fact that Sunrizer and Magellan do most of the same things, and occasionally do them better. But for under the 10 dollar mark, you could certainly justify adding this one to your collection. Well done on a nice app, and hope they continue to support it as time goes on.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.