ARG Tools is a set of tools, reference material, and links for anyone who plays Alternate Reality Games, participates in transmedia storytelling, or solves puzzle trails. The tools range from decoder-ring style codebreaking to countdown timer prediction. The reference material includes word frequency, morse code, semaphore, and more.
Included in this package are:
◦ Search for words matching patterns (e.g. all possible crossword answers)
◦ ROT-N (from 1 to 26, including ROT-13)
◦ Vigenere / Beaufort
• Character Encodings
◦ Letters to numbers (1..26) and ASCII
◦ Nautical Flags
◦ Moon Alphabet
◦ Morse code (two representations)
◦ Myst D'ni Glyphs
◦ Phonetic alphabet
◦ Pigpen Cipher (two representations)
◦ Roman Numerals
◦ Semaphore (two representations)
• Tools and Reference
◦ A red/green/blue color mixer with hex and decimal values
◦ A list of common English words, letters, letter pairs
◦ Billiard ball colors
◦ Countdown timer prediction
◦ Dart board scoring
◦ Dewey Decimal System
◦ ISO Country Codes
◦ Mathematical Constants, Prime Numbers
◦ Music Notes and their Frequencies
◦ Periodic Table
◦ Resistor Color Codes
◦ Zodiac, Chinese Zodiac
◦ Quick access to Google, Wikipedia, Sudoku Step-Solving, Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
The design goals of this application include:
• Easy to use in the field
• Downloadable over the air so you can quickly obtain it without computer access
New in version 2.1:
• Pattern matching now has RegEx-like bracket syntax. Brackets work like the question mark, but limit the match to any letter within the brackets instead of any letter at all.
• Billiard ball colors
• Dart board scoring
• Integrated news update system
• Added link to Puzzle Hunt Calendar
• Fixed UI crash bug in pattern matching
Ratings and Reviews
A Wonderful App
Everything you'll ever need. Never had an issue ever since I had it. Since this is now a Legacy App it's awesome they created a new app for people using iOS 10 and above.
This is a very useful app. I like all of the information igives on encoding/decoding. The only problem: I can't find the dictionary it talks about.
Wish I had something like this for a couple ARGs. Handy to have a bunch of tools in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.