Argus - Connected Activity Tracker
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
24/7 Steps and active Calorie counter, GPS tracking of Running, Cycling and Driving; keeping track of Water, Coffee and Tea intake; snapping photos of meals in one click. Featured in USA Today, CNN, TechCrunch, Gizmodo and many others.
Featured in Apple's new TV Ad - Strength! and all over the web and on Apple's home page. You DON'T need a dedicated pedometer to know how many steps you've walked each day, download Argus today and use your phone to begin living healthier!
Argus turns your iPhone into a sophisticated health and fitness device as it monitors and manages your activities, food, workouts, sleep, hydration, weight and vitals, helping you make sense of numerous bio-feedback data points to reach your health goals and improve overall well-being.
Argus is designed to harness every aspect of mobile computing to monitor your lifestyle without compromising your privacy. Argus is engineered for minimal power consumption and run 24/7 in the background. However continued use of GPS running in the background can significantly decrease battery life.
- Daily Steps and active Calorie counter
- GPS mapping of Running, Cycling and Driving
- Creates Food diary of all your meals with food photo snapping
- Set daily goals for Steps, Sleep time and Hydration
- Observe trends over time with all variables to track wellness
- Uses Instant Fitness for your home workouts
- Uses Sleep Time to monitor your sleep cycles
- Uses Instant Heart Rate to monitor your heart beats
- Built in support of third party wearable devices and health apps
- Motion coprocessor support to save battery time on iPhone 5S
- Apple Health App integration
With an intuitive, eye-catching interface, Argus allows you to get a snapshot of your daily activity. Timeline is organized in a honeycomb structure that allow easy aggregation of your data and detailed views. You can tap once on a cell to get more information. You can tap and hold for 2 seconds to get the aggregated views of your inputs. Smart gesture - tilt iPhone 180 degrees back and forth to add water.
Enjoy Argus - your ultimate health and fitness companion.
*Argus is best used with an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and iPhone 6
What's New in Version 3.24
- video recorder with filters, share your wins
- bug fixes
- watch app optimizations
New in 3.22:
Fellow Argonauts! Argus is now ready for the Apple Watch big time and ready to push the watch to its limits!
- Challenge your friends/family/coworkers to a battle of steps straight from the watch! Choose from: Daily Face-Off, Workweek Battle, Weekend Survival and Weeklong Rumble. Engage, chat, challenge and egg each other on and push each other to the limits. Timezone friendly, so challenge your friends whenever you are!
- Excited about the outdoors? We are too! You can now Start, Pause and Stop your running, cycling, surfing or any other GPS activity straight from the watch.
- Love coach cues? With Audio coach it's now more easy than ever to hear your stats and view your stats on your watch as well. View Speed, Pace, Cadence, Heart Rate without picking up your phone.
Bugfix for activities sometimes stopping while Argus was in the background.
I've used this app on and off for the past couple of years and it's really improved over time. With the new motion sensors in the phones being on at all times, a detection of when you're driving, the accuracy is great. I remember the biggest problem in the past was it, would confuse bumps in the road while I'm driving for steps. I highly recommend this app if you need to track your health, and want results. It makes it easy and painless. As long as you remember to carry your phone at all times, you'll be able to see your progress over time. You can choose to just use it to track steps or you can track many other things too, (water, food, weight, heart rate, etc.)
Great app, but still some flaws
This is a great app, but it has some serious flaws, in my opinion. First, it stops auto-tracking if you don't reopen the app every few minutes. This is really annoying, because I can't just drop what I'm doing literally every two minutes, switch to the Argus app, and wait for it to initialize. Second, please make the social features completely optional. It gets kind of creepy when random people I don't even know "like my sleep." Finally, the app doesn't sync nearly enough date with Apple's health app. Sleep, steps, and heart rate are just a few examples of data that doesn't sync with HealthKit, which is annoying. If these three things were fixed, I would be able to give this app five stars!
No app will ever make you lose weight or meet your fitness goals but this one can help a lot!!! Just to have a convenient and easy way to track your activities and meals is a huge help! Most of us won't ever take the time to write down this stuff and then even if we did there would be a notebook or something that we would probably lose a maybe never have much time to look at. With one tap you can see your totals over a period of time and even by just scrolling down get an idea of how we've been doing the last few days! I'm thankful for such a great tool!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 3.24
- Size: 89.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Azumio Inc.
- © 2015 Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Azumio Premium$4.99
- Azumio Premium$29.99