ARIS is a tool for making location based games, stories and Art.
People all over the world are creating content for ARIS using an easy online authoring tool.
Join us at http://arisgames.org
- Use GPS, iBeacons and QR Codes to link to virtual characters, items, panoramics, HTML5 apps and media
- Create and Place virtual Items that can be picked up by players, exchanged, used and moved around in a persistent AR world.
- Author virtual characters that talk with your players, giving them information, exchanging items and responding to their choices.
- Design Quests for players to find particular information/items, talk with characters and collect media recordings at particular locations.
-Connect the game into outside systems using web hooks, arduinos, flash apps etc.
This project was created with support from:
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW Madison)
- MacArthur Foundation
- The New Learning Institute
- The Pearson Foundation
- Minnesota Historical Society
- The Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Initiative
- The Wisconsin Department for Public Instruction
- New option for viewing plaques as full screen web pages
- All web content can access ARIS media directly via "arismedia://[media ID]"
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t even start it
I was really looking forward to creating some content with this app and exploring what it can do, but it crashes before I can even upload my player photo (which should be able to import from my camera roll, and not just take it on the spot).
iOS 11.2.6 on an iPhone 6s
I think this app was very okay in a beta sort of way the issues that I had we're all because it was still in the beta phase. I also think the taco time put Into it was greatly needed and we all needed an educational app
NOT user friendly!
Having seen ARIS demonstrated less than a month ago, I thought it was a neat idea and wanted to create a simple game myself. Nowhere can I find 'how' to do things just what things 'are'. I am not technology stupid, I can do much more than the average 'old lady' but this is ridiculous. If you want your product to be used you need to provide better instructions.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.