Arithmaroo 1: A Counting Math Game for Kids
By Icanology LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Arithmaroo is a 2010 APP STAR AWARD FINALIST!! "Arithmaroo is an instant hit!"- HyperHomeschool.com Leap ahead in math! Watch the "Ahas" kick in when players discover that seeing patterns is faster and easier than counting.
While entertaining players 4 to 40+, Arithmaroo fills in the missing steps to mastering math facts. Kids begin to add and multiply naturally and don't even know it.
• A fun game format
• Rocks and fingers in patterns on cave walls
• 4 levels of difficulty: Level 1, 1 to 5; Level 2, 6 to 10; Level 3, 11 to 20; Level 4, 1 to 50
• Players score “You got it!” “You’re faster!” “You’re instant!”
• Times and scores saved for up to 4 players
• Simple keypads for numbers up to 20 and a calculator for higher numbers
• An entertaining didgeridoo and flute tune
• 18 friendly bird sounds for correct answers
“Arithmaroo 1 is engaging math fun for young learners around the globe.” Patricia Inman, CEO, Home School Learning Network, Inc.
Why Arithmaroo is special:
• It’s a “right brain” approach. Instead of counting and reasoning, players see number patterns and relationships.
• It develops early math confidence and nimble math minds. The math game helps kids gain “number sense,” that “feel” for numbers that leads to math success.
• Arithmaroo 1, Counting, leads smoothly into Arithmaroo 2, Adding; Arithmaroo 3, Subtracting: Arithmaroo 4, Multiplying; and Arithmaroo 5, Dividing (all soon to be released).
“It’s cool. It actually made me think about my numbers.” Makena, 12
“I get it. You just see how many.” Jeremy, 7
What's New in Version 1.1
Arithmaroo's now a better game with cuter graphics. You have to earn your levels--You can't just choose them any more. A little turtle, gecko, or kangaroo at the top of the play screen shows how fast you're going. The new progress bar shows how far along your are in a game.
We saved your names but we had to delete your game scores.
Please tell us how we can make it better!
Arithmaroo -- Fun for Kid, Tween...and Mom!
Arithmaroo was our first Math Facts app. My kids have downloaded other apps to the itouch, but nothing math or reading related. In other words, all apps downloaded are games. Once downloaded we all had a turn with Arithmaroo. The age level was 4+. My 7-year-old enjoyed playing with Arithmaroo. As did my tween. We all liked how the game was easy to load and use. You are presented with a math fact picture. You have to count fingers to show the correct fact. The version we tried was addition. I am excited to learn more about the subtraction app due out soon. For me as a mom, I want my children to know their math facts backwards and forwards. Whatever helps me achieve this goal is a keeper in my book!
Both educational and FUN!
I have a 4 year old granddaughter and a 12 year old daughter that both LOVE the newer version of Arithmaroo application. Before you were able to jump to any level you wanted but now you have to work for advancement which was a great idea! My almost to be teenage daughter is very much looking forward to seeing your advanced applications with divisions and multiplications since this seems to be an ongoing challenge with her at school. We are confident that your app can aid her with jumping over the barriers and gain speed with her math as it did with your first app. My granddaughter gets so excited when she hears the little birds chirp and a new screen flashes. Thanks for making math fun for all ages!
This is a great app! The 5 yr old who uses this LOVES the music in this! We play it together and really like the cool graphics, colors, and engaging music.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 23, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Icanology LLC
- © 2010 Icanology LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.