By The Crumpery
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ArithMetric is a basic maths Application designed for use by both Children and Adults wishing to improve their basic maths skills.
Interaction is by moving the number counters using your finger and placing them into the correct positions.
Parents and teachers can use it to monitor the progress of children’s maths skills. More than one person can use it at the same time so the whole family can get involved and compare their progress as they all work through the App.
Practice and learn Addition and Subtraction using:
- Whole numbers numbers (ranging from 1-10 through to 9999)
- Decimals (to two decimal places)
- Currency (Support for currencies which use coinage in increments of 1/100). Note: Your region needs to support one of these popular currencies for this feature to appear.
ArithMetric progressively increases the difficulty by increasing the size of the numbers involved as each level is completed.
Multiple methods of learning are provided to help with maths problems, these include:
- 10s and Units.
- 100 Square.
- Progress Charts are provided to show how well skills are improving.
- Short test sessions (up to 4 minutes) are provided to test for each math level.
The App has been designed with iOS 7 in mind.
To appeal to the younger child, there is also a feature of a 'Nanny Moo Cow' which appears to give bonus and penalty scores. For the adult or teacher, this feature can be turned off.
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Bug Fix for iOS 7.1.