Arkansas State Parks
By Aristotle Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Need a getaway to a beautiful Arkansas State Park? Well who couldn't use that? Whether you live in Arkansas or just traveling through the Natural State, the Arkansas State Parks iPhone On-The-Go Park Guide will help you find just the right park for you. Find a park by type (camping, Historic Site, Lake, Lodging, Mountains, Museum or even just for a picnic) Find one near you and get contact information, a list of upcoming programs and a link to the park website for more information. There's even a map to help you find the park.
The single favorite thing to do in our parks is hike a trail so we've included that too. Find a trail near you, look it up by location, difficulty or type. Detailed trail maps are not currently included. Many Arkansas State Parks are in very rural areas with limited cell phone coverage. If you plan to hike a trail you can pick up detailed maps at our park visitor centers or download them from our website before leaving home. We have something for everyone.
* Quick access to park information
* Quick search based on location, type of park and trail types
* Park programs listed for the next two weeks for each park
* Quick dial from your iPhone to contact the park
* Special notices letting you know of closed areas or other news concerning visitors
* Find the closest state park or state park trail to a city you will be visiting
* Maps giving you directions to the park
* Share your state park destination with your Facebook and Twitter friends
* Plan to hike a trail? Before going you can email your friends to let them know your plans
What's New in Version 1.5.0
* Improved app navigation.
* Turn by turn directions to the state park of your choice
* Trail and park destinations can now be shared with Facebook and Twitter friends or emailed.
Best State Park App Avaiable...
For any state. So proud to see Arkansas offering such a well produced app. Our State Parks are second to none and this app makes enjoying them so much easier. Having this app has doubled my State Park use because when the weekend is coming and we see an opening on the schedule my recall bias kicks in and I open the app. Rather than stay in overpriced hotels with nothing for the kids but swimming or pay per view we are camping, hiking, square dancing (I'm looking at you Lake Degrey) and eating hand made ice cream. Of course we still have pay per view and swimming at a State Park Lodge where the price of a weekend hotel room in Branson can buy a weeks vacation.
Needs a little work, but awesome!
If it previewed the distance of the trail and not just how far away it is from your location that would be nice. Also the sharing option should include SMS. Perhaps also a direct link in the app for directions from current location instead of sending you to the browser. Awesome app otherwise!! Just moved to Arkansas to go to UArk, and will use this all the time to go hiking!
This is worth 5-stars as it is!
Very useful in finding things nearby (geolocation). Even though it's a 5-star app to me, I would like to see some things in future versions:
Google Map integration (or whatever map service Apple has up their sleeves for IOS 5) for easy driving directions.
Trail maps. Not a show stopper, since you can pick them up at parks, but still a nice to have. Even if it's a link to download a PDF version.
Ability to make reservations from within the app (unless that somehow falls under Apple's strict rules for in-app purchases).
Overall, great work! My family and are using this a lot!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 11, 2011
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Aristotle Inc.
- © Division of State Parks, Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.