By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The legendary ARP sound, exquisitely reproduced in software.
ARP ODYSSEi - A mobile analog synthesizer for iOS.
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today's players can obtain; this resulted in the "ARP ODYSSEi" app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG's proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We've also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
- Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
- New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
- Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Lexington" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
What's New in Version 1.0.3
• Improvements: Tuning setting (Analog / Equal) has been added in the Settings menu.
• Other improvements have been made to enhance stability.
Excellent, but problematic
I have just purchased ODYSSEi, and for the most part, really like it. It's more like a true analog synth, with respect to programming, than most of my other iOS synth apps. This doesn't make it one of my favorite apps, but in terms of workflow, it's pretty analog. I am not hugely enamored with most of the stock sounds, but in a matter of a few minutes, I was able to tweak a few to my liking. What I find odd is that in hardware, Korg is truly one of my favorites, but I find this to be far from true in the iOS Korg app world. Inside of Gadget, ODYSSEi runs under a different name, and appears to underwhelm, severely. First of all, user edits in ODYSSEi don't show up when it's opened up in Gadget, which makes it almost useless for me, with respect to Gadget. Secondly, almost all the arps don't work when the app is opened up in Gadget. What a bummer, Korg!
Sounds just like the original!
I owned the original white ARP Odyssey for many years and I kept the "Perform! on the ARP Odyssey Synthesizer" with Roger Powell book of patches and I've added these patches to my ODYSSEi and they sound exactly as I remember them. All of the settings are true to the original.
This app is so realistic that I bought a 12.9" iPad Pro just so that the interface could be almost as big as the original. I also purchased the Rev 1 skin and program pack just so that I could have the white interface that I remember owning. It is so awesome to have an ARP Odyssey again. You won't be disappointed.
Great sounding synth. Now release it for OS X!
This synth sounds really fantastic! I hope you will consider releasing it for desktop and laptop Macs next. I would also like to see a MIDI matrix modulation panel added. Also it is hard to see some of the controls since they are black on a black background. Please consider updating the color scheme slightly.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 11, 2016
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 106 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2016 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Odyssey Rev1$4.99
- Odyssey Rev2$4.99