The legendary ARP sound, exquisitely reproduced in software.
ARP ODYSSEi - A mobile analog synthesizer for iOS.
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today's players can obtain; this resulted in the "ARP ODYSSEi" app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG's proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We've also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
- Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
- New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
- Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Lexington" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
• Improvements: Tuning setting (Analog / Equal) has been added in the Settings menu.
• Other improvements have been made to enhance stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, but problematic
I have just purchased ODYSSEi, and for the most part, really like it. It's more like a true analog synth, with respect to programming, than most of my other iOS synth apps. This doesn't make it one of my favorite apps, but in terms of workflow, it's pretty analog. I am not hugely enamored with most of the stock sounds, but in a matter of a few minutes, I was able to tweak a few to my liking. What I find odd is that in hardware, Korg is truly one of my favorites, but I find this to be far from true in the iOS Korg app world. Inside of Gadget, ODYSSEi runs under a different name, and appears to underwhelm, severely. First of all, user edits in ODYSSEi don't show up when it's opened up in Gadget, which makes it almost useless for me, with respect to Gadget. Secondly, almost all the arps don't work when the app is opened up in Gadget. What a bummer, Korg!
Great but issues that should be fixed a long time ago
Great for the most part although it crashes when trying to import user presets, that should have been fixed by now, seems like a Korg is in no hurry to get rid of bugs. But further more, I’ve pretty much bought everything Korg has made for IOS minus ikaossilator IELECTRIBE Gorillaz edition, and IDS 10 ( I may get the IDS10 at some point....maybe). But.....Korg really needs to look into porting their apps to Audio Unit, because at some point I’m going to stop buying music apps that don’t support AUV3. I don’t buy stand along apps that don’t have plug in versions on my Mac and I’m slowly but surely heading in that direction on my Ipad.
Great sounds but needs more
This is a very good app, with tons of sounds and lots of control. The only problem is the Gadget doesn't have the original arpeggiator that makes some presets sound great, and I want to use it in songs within extra routing. Also, is there a solution for the silence if used with Audiobus and GarageBand? Either way, definitely a must, and you should check it out if it goes cheap. Also got the in-app purchased and they're good too. If you're wondering if you're going to pick between this and Module, get this first. Let's hope they update this with more presets like Gadget!
- KORG INC.
- 105.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Odyssey Rev1 $4.99
- Odyssey Rev2 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.