Arpeggionome for iPhone - A New Musical Instrument
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Arpeggionome (pronounced ahr-pej-ee-oh-nohm) is a new musical instrument designed to play arpeggios*.
• "Arpeggionome makes amazing patterns in arrays of pulsing circles" (Peter Kirn, Create Digital Music)
• "A masterpiece in design and functionality" (smitematter.com)
• Rated as the "Most Creative MIDI App" by iPadMusic.com
• "Arpeggionome Pro is a very very powerful arpeggiator that can really take your music to the next level" (Chip Boaz, iosmusicandyou.com)
• "If you like great Arpeggiators, this is it!" (Jordan Rudess)
Design an arpeggio pattern with various knobs and buttons, then move up-and-down the matrix to set its speed, or left-and-right to set its pitch. Tilt the device to control volume and pitchbend, or shake for vibrato. Also, with the Pro Upgrade In-App Purchase, Arpeggionome for iPhone can be used to control other iOS music apps, external gear, and computer software like never before.
*An arpeggio is a musical technique where notes in a chord are played in sequence, rather than ringing out simultaneously.
MUSICAL EXPRESSION AT 240 NOTES-PER-SECOND
• Move up-and-down the matrix to set the pattern's rate
• Move left-and-right to set the pattern's starting-note.
ACCELEROMETER-CONTROLLED PITCHBEND AND VOLUME, ESSENTIAL FOR 8-BIT SOLOS.
• Tilt the iPhone forward-and-back to control volume.
• Tilt the iPhone left-and-right to control pitchbend
DESIGN AN ARPEGGIO-PATTERN FROM SCRATCH...
• Fifteen pattern-parameters accessed on one page of touch-knobs
• Parameters include Key, Scale, Number of Notes, Step Distance, Notes Style, Alignment, Octave Range, Octave Style, Rates, Octave Offset, Note Offset, Velocity, Gate, and Tempo.
...OR USE A PRESET.
• Includes a Pattern Library with a wide selection of presets.
• Save and recall your own patterns.
• 8 pattern-buttons and 2 arrow-buttons provide quick access to the Pattern Library, enabling you to change and save patterns on the fly.
A ROCK-SOLID MIDI IMPLEMENTATION
• $4.99 In-App purchase required
• Control other iOS MIDI Applications (such as GarageBand, Animoog, Magellan Jr., and FunkBox).
• Control external MIDI devices (such hardware synthesizers, drum machines, and sound modules).
• Control computer software (such as Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools)
• Send MIDI through Virtual MIDI, CoreMIDI hardware interfaces, or over WiFi or Bluetooth.
•A simple built-in synthesizer
•Beautiful and informative visual feedback
•Backup, restore, and transfer patterns between devices via iTunes File Sharing
What's New in Version 1.2.0
New in version 1.2.0
- New Quick Start guide to teach you the basics.
- Reset button added to main toolbar.
- Main toolbar buttons now more responsive.
- Performance enhancements. Arpeggionome for iPhone now runs great on iPhone 3GS! However, MIDI input/output still recommended for iPad 2 and later.
- Various iOS 7 related updates and minor bug fixes.
This is a very nice app for creating different arpeggios. I won't list the details and describe everything since you can get that in the description. I'll just say that I have both the iPad and iPhone versions and both work in pretty much the same way but I find using the one on the iPhone a bit difficult. I am on an iPhone 5 and the screen is just a little too small. I imagine if you have a 6 or 6+ this would not be much of an issue.
The internal synth is usable but not really up to par with what can be done on an iPhone. I generally connect it through Midi to Sunrizer, Animoog or Magellan, which are also on my phone, and go nuts. It's fairly easy to learn and most of it is self-explanatory.
If you're looking for relaxing fun or you're a serious music creator looking for on-the-go tools, this may be great for you.
4.5/5 very good - one suggestion
Easy and fun to use.
A lot of options and you can save your own arp sequences.
One great update would be to the layout on the main arp notepad screen so that the patterns can are accessible to change without opening up the pattern page which covers up most of the arp notepad.
If you could change the patterns on the right side -the patterns could be in one vertical column- and slightly shrink the arp pad or just have the patterns slightly cover up a few notes when it's open (or it could always be on the page by default?) you could play everything on the arpeggio notepad while still being able to simultaneously switch the patterns as you desire to get new arpeggios/chords/scales/sounds.
The way it is now you can only play a few notes on the side of the pattern screen instead of being able to play all of them.
Hope to see an update soon.
If you are interested in composing music, or just like to plunk around on a gutar or piano you will love this It will fill you with inspiration.
Of all the aps I have acquired this one is absolutely worth the price.
I spend more time on this app than any of my other apps an am never bored .
This is a five star plus app in my book.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 17, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Randon
- © 2014 Alexander Randon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$0.99