Arpeggionome for iPhone - A New Musical Instrument
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Arpeggionome (pronounced ahr-pej-ee-oh-nohm) is a new musical instrument designed to play arpeggios*.
• "Arpeggionome makes amazing patterns in arrays of pulsing circles" (Peter Kirn, Create Digital Music)
• "A masterpiece in design and functionality" (smitematter.com)
• Rated as the "Most Creative MIDI App" by iPadMusic.com
• "Arpeggionome Pro is a very very powerful arpeggiator that can really take your music to the next level" (Chip Boaz, iosmusicandyou.com)
• "If you like great Arpeggiators, this is it!" (Jordan Rudess)
Design an arpeggio pattern with various knobs and buttons, then move up-and-down the matrix to set its speed, or left-and-right to set its pitch. Tilt the device to control volume and pitchbend, or shake for vibrato. Also, with the Pro Upgrade In-App Purchase, Arpeggionome for iPhone can be used to control other iOS music apps, external gear, and computer software like never before.
*An arpeggio is a musical technique where notes in a chord are played in sequence, rather than ringing out simultaneously.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
New in version 1.2.0
- New Quick Start guide to teach you the basics.
- Reset button added to main toolbar.
- Main toolbar buttons now more responsive.
- Performance enhancements. Arpeggionome for iPhone now runs great on iPhone 3GS! However, MIDI input/output still recommended for iPad 2 and later.
- Various iOS 7 related updates and minor bug fixes.
This is a very nice app for creating different arpeggios. I won't list the details and describe everything since you can get that in the description. I'll just say that I have both the iPad and iPhone versions and both work in pretty much the same way but I find using the one on the iPhone a bit difficult. I am on an iPhone 5 and the screen is just a little too small. I imagine if you have a 6 or 6+ this would not be much of an issue.
The internal synth is usable but not really up to par with what can be done on an iPhone. I generally connect it through Midi to Sunrizer, Animoog or Magellan, which are also on my phone, and go nuts. It's fairly easy to learn and most of it is self-explanatory.
If you're looking for relaxing fun or you're a serious music creator looking for on-the-go tools, this may be great for you.
It works, it's powerful, and its fun. Have successfully triggered synths on a laptop computer WIRELESSLY (works better on a dedicated peer-to-peer network). The MIDI implementation is outrageously robust. The best thing is that its really musical and sounds great the minute you start using it. It can be used as a toy or a (fairly) pro MIDI controller. I can see why it gets good reviews. Easy to get lost in for hours cause its so sweet to listen to.
If you are interested in composing music, or just like to plunk around on a gutar or piano you will love this It will fill you with inspiration.
Of all the aps I have acquired this one is absolutely worth the price.
I spend more time on this app than any of my other apps an am never bored .
This is a five star plus app in my book.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 17, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Randon
- © 2014 Alexander Randon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro UpgradeFree