Arpeggionome Pro - A New Musical Instrument
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Arpeggionome (pronounced ahr-pej-ee-oh-nohm) is a new musical instrument designed to play arpeggios*.
• "Arpeggionome makes amazing patterns in arrays of pulsing circles" (Peter Kirn, Create Digital Music)
• "A masterpiece in design and functionality" (smitematter.com)
• Rated as the "Most Creative MIDI App" by iPadMusic.com
• "Arpeggionome Pro is a very very powerful arpeggiator that can really take your music to the next level" (Chip Boaz, iosmusicandyou.com)
• "If you like great Arpeggiators, this is it!" (Jordan Rudess)
Design an arpeggio pattern with various knobs and buttons, then move up-and-down the matrix to set its speed, or left-and-right to set its pitch. Tilt the device to control volume and pitchbend, or shake for vibrato. Arpeggionome Pro also features a robust MIDI implementation, allowing you to control other iOS music apps, external gear, and computer software like never before**.
*An arpeggio is a musical technique where notes in a chord are played in sequence, rather than together.
** MIDI input and output is recommended for iPad 2 and later.
Supports MIDI, Audiobus, and Inter-App Audio.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Audiobus updated to support State Saving and Inter-App Audio.
Okay app, suggestion for the developer
This app is okay. Although the concept is good, I find the implementation very basic and with limited possibilities. Here are my impressions and suggestions:
1) the scale knob is very hard to turn to the right scale. I would recommend a drop down list. (I have a nice iPad with retina display)
2) why I cannot edit my own arpeggio by simply tapping on the keyboard my own keys ?
2) exporting the pattern in midi format would be useful.
3) an alternative vertical view of the keys with the arpeggio pattern would be much more effective and helpful than current keyboard view.
4)when changing arpeggio parameters would be helpful to have a preview scale mode that show in a different color all the keys at once.
5) remove some knobs and employ a list controller where the number of values is high.
6) the app is really worthy $ 5-6 . Why charge a so much higher price when could target so many other customers ?
Love this app!
This app seems to have limitless possibilities. I recommend going to settings and setting the knobs to horizontal for easier use. Once they are set, touch the knob, drag your finger vertically then horizontally, this will let you see what the knob is set to. ( this would have been a better default setting as the knobs are difficult to use otherwise). The more I experiment with this the more fun it becomes.
Absolutely worth the money!
This app is phenomenal. It is a must-have in your iOS music-making arsenal. Many a times I have used this app when I was stuck in a rut writing, and I've stumbled across a new idea. Use it to control all your other virtual MIDI synths, and come across some great sounds.
Seriously, don't hesitate. Buy it. It's that good.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 08, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Randon
- © 2014 Alexander Randon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.