By IO Labs, LLC (U.S.)
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** iTunes App Store Achievements ***
• Achieved Best New App ranking in Music Category
• Featured App in Producers & DJs Music Category
Arpist is a high performance MIDI generator for iOS, combining a world class arpeggiator with advanced rhythm and musical transposition features.
Arpist is user friendly, easily adaptable into both iOS and MIDI hardware workflows.
Note that Arpist is not a synthesizer and therefore makes no sound on its own. Please enjoy Arpist with your favorite keyboard or iOS synth app!
ROBUST MIDI SUPPORT
• App-to-app MIDI
• Supports CoreMIDI-compliant iOS hardware
• Supports Network MIDI over WiFi
• Send and Receive MIDI Clock
• MIDI Learn for MIDI Remote Control of Arpist parameters
• Send Start/Stop playback commands
• Tap Tempo | 20 – 500 BPM
• Rate | Whole Note – 1/64th triplet
• Gate | 0 – 100%
• +/- 4 Octaves
• Hold / Add incoming notes
• Use Song Blocks to automate through sets of parameter values
• Set a unique number of beats to each Song Block
• Pitch quantization for all Major and Minor keys
• Diatonic and chromatic transposition
• Velocity Range and Randomizer
• Swing Amount
NUANCE & STYLE
• Set each step to play loud, soft or be skipped
• Retrigger patterns on any step
• Render chord hits on any step
• Pre-configure note sequences with integrated virtual keyboard
• Use integrated virtual keyboard to play live
What's New in Version 1.4.2
• Performance improvements and bug fixes
• Add MIDI output option to send to "All MIDI Apps" so that unadvertised destinations, such as GarageBand, can receive MIDI from Arpist
A universal app that is a great iPhone Arpeggiator for single thumb programming. The iPad version is exactly the same scaled up and oriented for portrait use. Overall, it's a useful melody sketch sequencer that one can chain up to eight patterns of various lengths so you can keep it simple or make a complex melody. Each pattern can be set separately to a number of pattern types available e.g. As Played, Up/Down, Inward/Outward, Low Pedaltone Descending, Douple, Octuple, Follow Octave, Random, etc. Tempo relies on itself as a source using standard Midi Clock or can track timing from other sources. While MIDI as a timing source is good and reliable with no strange timing artifacts, it could use Alberton LINK so I wouldn't have to use another app like MIDI Link Sync.
Great aesthetics and features!