By Jesse Jost
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** iTunes App Store Achievements ***
• Achieved Best New App ranking in Music Category
• Featured App in Producers & DJs Music Category
Arpist is a high performance MIDI generator for iOS, combining a world class arpeggiator with advanced rhythm and musical transposition features.
Arpist is user friendly, easily adaptable into both iOS and MIDI hardware workflows.
Note that Arpist is not a synthesizer and therefore makes no sound on its own. Please enjoy Arpist with your favorite keyboard or iOS synth app!
ROBUST MIDI SUPPORT
• App-to-app MIDI
• Supports CoreMIDI-compliant iOS hardware
• Supports Network MIDI over WiFi
• Send and Receive MIDI Clock
• MIDI Learn for MIDI Remote Control of Arpist parameters
• Send Start/Stop playback commands
• Tap Tempo | 20 – 500 BPM
• Rate | Whole Note – 1/64th triplet
• Gate | 0 – 100%
• +/- 4 Octaves
• Hold / Add incoming notes
• Use Song Blocks to automate through sets of parameter values
• Set a unique number of beats to each Song Block
• Pitch quantization for all Major and Minor keys
• Diatonic and chromatic transposition
• Velocity Range and Randomizer
• Swing Amount
NUANCE & STYLE
• Set each step to play loud, soft or be skipped
• Retrigger patterns on any step
• Render chord hits on any step
• Pre-configure note sequences with integrated virtual keyboard
• Use integrated virtual keyboard to play live
What's New in Version 1.4
• In-App Purchase waived - now enjoy the advanced features of Arpist for free!
It's a nice tool that I can swap up different arp styles between each measure so you can stitch together a nice harmonic scale. If there was a request, it would be to export a MIDI as a file rather than having to record the MIDI into another app which is a small inconvenience to have to set up—But I'm happy with it!
One of the most versatile arpeggiators on iOS. Maybe the best on iPhone (as most are for iPad). Great UI as well. And can you believe it all the advanced features have gone free now! If you have MIDI synthesizers you got to have this.
Note to music novices-this is not supposed to make sound. You use it to connect to a DAW or hardware synth that may not have an arpeggiator feature. Also a no brainer for a free one with this many features.