A comprehensive collection of works by over 1,000 of the western world's major artists, from ancient times to today. Organized by period and artist, Art Authority's nearly 100,000 paintings and sculptures are downloaded as needed and displayed chronologically for each artist, with detailed captioning. In-depth information about the periods and artists is also available.
From the earliest creative pieces to the latest modern and contemporary works, Art Authority provides an impressively displayed, carefully selected, well organized view of the western art world that is both broad and deep. FOR iPAD AND iPHONE TOO.
- Ancient, Byzantine, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic, Impressionist, Modern and Contemporary periods
- Special section on American art
- Art movements and/or nationalities within each period
- Overall index to all 1000+ artists, plus indices for each period
- Continuous shuffle through all art or by period
- Captions with work title, date, location and other details
- Access to in-depth information on each artist and period
- Full-screen slideshow display, with user-settable transitions
- Gallery-like, scrolling thumbnail view
- Save images to the desktop background or screen saver
How does Art Authority bring this vast world of art to you? We download most of it all from our own servers, where it's been optimized for quality, size and speed. For more recent works still under copyright, Art Authority downloads from an authorized Web site instead. The result: a comprehensive, continual view of western art from its origins through current times.
Now with nearly 100,000 works of art
New Major Works shows
Ratings and Reviews
The worst honestly refund please
SUpposed to be a fingertip sample of general masters or important works instead a disperportinate tacky nude display. Overwhelming really. GReat works were left out of the colletion ffor the sake of some boobs what a bunch of boobs.
Needs to be updated
It app for the Mac has not been updated for almost 4 years, and should be made 64-bit compliant.
I got really excited about having an app that was a concise compilation of, apparently, everything; it's always nice to be able to pull up a quick reference, which is one redeeming aspect of this app. I'm dissappointed, however, because the images are downloaded directly into your computer -- as in files -- which takes up a substantial amount of space, and the "information" that this app claims to provide on works and artists it actually a direct link to Wikipedia. That's the "in-depth information" the descriptions claims to provide. So, in summation, I paid $5 on links to a website I can access for free, and for a whole lot of space on my computer to be wasted. Some pictures are also terrible quality (I know they say that it's a copyright issue, but it's frustrating because the app is not free). The only postive aspect to this app is it's organization of works based on period and / or artist…but if you know anything about art, you can do that yourself. Not worth the price, however discounted; I would spend that money on a trip to a museum instead.
- Open Door Networks, Inc.
- 7.1 MB
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Copyright © 2003-14 Open Door Networks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.