Art in Motion
By PDJ Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* NOTE: To open the menu, simply tap the screen with two fingers. *
Art in Motion is a new kind of art application. It’s based on the idea that art should evolve with technology. The iPad is the best multi-touch device on the market, and it is packed with huge processing power. Standard drawing can be very fun, but it hardly makes full use of these advancements in technology.
How does Art in Motion compare to standard drawing?
• With Art in Motion you create a scene instead of a painting.
• Instead of drawing mountains, or trees, you customize and add orbs to your scene.
• Instead of looking at your drawing, you watch your orbs come alive.
• Unlike a painting, there is motion and life in your creation. You can even interact with your scene.
• In a painting colors don’t change, in the scene colors fade and flow constantly.
What are some examples of scenes I can create?
• By adding many small orbs with little friction and bounce, you can create a water effect. It can slosh around realistically as you tilt your iPad.
• You can create a large orb with gravity, and many smaller ones. Watch them as they orbit around like comets flying around a star.
• You can create a scene where brilliant colors follow your fingers as you touch the screen.
• You can create a scene where you fling fireworks with your fingers and watch them explode into beautiful colors.
• Powerful physics engine
• 20 bundled scenes (to play with and study)
• Intuitive interface for creating new scenes of your own
• Full multi-touch support, so all 10 fingers can play at once
• Many settings allowing for unique and one of a kind scenes
• Clear documentation
• VGA out support
What are people saying about it?
• "... very organic, smooth, I like it a lot!" Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater!
• “It’s what they would use on board the USS Enterprise for entertainment” G. C.
• "Be prepared to melt away hours of your night!" J. S.
• “Every iPad owner should have this app, there’s nothing like it!” C. K.
What's New in Version 1.06
Added VGA out support
A very interesting App
I have to say it is brilliant, but if you could make like slide shows of the scenes you create would be awesome... I don't know if the creator will be throwing in more updates.. but I have to say you can make good scenes after couple of hours of work with it. It's nice and well worth the money if it had a few extra features... like different movements of the particles in the scene depending on how many fingers you touch the screen with.... other than that it is a good app and interesting, fun to play with it especially while listening to some trance track :P .
The app is well worth the money. It has stunning graphics. The app's 20 interactive levels isn't just all the fun, but the scene creator is awesome. I've already created lots of scenes, but it would be better in scene creator if you could set visual and physics for the orb(s) you are placing instead of setting them for the entire scene. Overall, it is a great app, and I recommend you get it. For people who don't know how to bring up the menu, you tap 2 fingers on the screen, one after another.
This app is mesmerizing and deeply addicting. Definitely my favorite particle effect toy. The still screenshots don't do justice to the trippy dynamic graphics. I have spent way too much time flinging glowing bubbles and molding gobs of light. Just playing with the preset settings is worth the price... But being able to custom build your own effects is especially rich and rewarding. All in all, an iPad must-own. Good job guys!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 05, 2010
- Version: 1.06
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Doichev
- © Pavel Doichev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.