Are you ever in such a hurry to get started painting that you forget to design your canvas or analyze your subject matter?
"Take time to save time." Use Accurasee Art Tools to get your composition and your proportions right from the start.
1. Take a photo of desired subject. Or choose reference from the camera roll.
2. Choose the window opening to match your canvas
3. Choose from a selection of grids including the golden ratio or use no grid at all.
4. Alter size relationships, change value, color or thickness of frame and grid.
5. Using 2 finger method, enlarge, shrink, rotate and move your photo for desired compositional effect.
6. Quickly change photo to B/W and color
7. Use the value checker tool to check for proper values.
8. Save and store your project for future reference or email to yourself.
We hope that you enjoy Art Tools. If you like Art Tools, please give us a review and share it with your friends. We'd really appreciate any feedback you might have.
Thanks and keep drawing!
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Custom grid and locking photo
I wrote a review and didn’t realize I needed to lock the photo to use custom grid and move it around. I’ve used the app for 20 minutes but love it for my phone pics. I can very quickly the tilt of head and eyes and proportions. The movable value scale is wonderful. If you’re not using this little app to go from phone photos to drawing them larger and seeing scale quickly you should be. Can’t wait to get my proportional divider to check my observation skills. I’ve never liked the pencil method so happy to try this.
Art Pro Staple
I can’t imagine any art pros or educators not using this tool on a regular basis! Just a no-brainer. The various common framing sizes’ aspect ratio correlations alone are worth it for me, but my favorite feature is The value tool, in which you can compare for example a value in the sky too one in some light grass to find out quickly and intuitively which really is lighter or darker when making those key value relationship decisions. I also just have to say the developer is very responsive to feedback, highly recommend!
Easy to use and useful tools!
Really helps clarify your values in your work; we all can't be like Corot and be able to set up 20 values.
Grid system and framing system work together to help with your composition issues.
I really wish that it had a few more features such as a color picker similar to the value picker. Along with the color picker some color tools such as a color scheme helper that can yield the complement / split complement, etc. would be nice. I got a bunch more ideas...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.