Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch.
Just enter a search term and let Articles find the Wiki entry you are looking for. Use the integrated maps feature to learn about interesting places and historic events around your current location, or anywhere else in the world. Or simply shake your device and let Articles find an entry for you. Mark interesting entries you want to read in the future and search text in the currently open document.
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
"Wikipedia is free on the web, right? Why spend even a couple bucks to wrap it in an app. The answer is interface. You can do far more, far more easily, with a native app than you can do with a web page." –Rene Ritchie, iMore
"There are a bunch of dedicated Wikipedia iPhone apps, and there are several I like. But I like Articles best. It’s fast, it looks great (including the formatting of articles), and it has a very clever MobileSafari-inspired UI." –John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Tips & Tricks:
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
Additionally on iPhone and iPod touch:
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
- Fixed am issue when adding new bookmarks.
- If you like Articles, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this app but now with the operating system 11 for Apple your app needs to be updated. Please, please update this app so I can use it again. :-(
Won’t work with iOS 11+
Developer has not upgraded it to work with iOS 11+. A great app, now useless.
Miles above the official Wikipedia app
You can save Wikipedia pages in custom folders: Animals, TV Shows, Research etc.
Won't work if you switch to ios11.
Apple has dropped support for 32-bit apps. As if they can't include an emulator like Microsoft.
Articles and 10 other essential 32-bit apps are why I refuse ios11.
Apple better provide a 32-bit emulator soon or I'm moving to another platform.
- If you're there, Sophia, please update for your fans.
- Sophia Teutschler
- 18.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2014 Sophia Teutschler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.