Created by certified Speech-Language Pathologists, Articulation Test Center Pro has all the elements needed for testing English speaking children and adults of all ages (2 yrs. - adult).
Articulation Test Center Pro is an articulation and phonology test developed as both an informal assessment and a measure to monitor progress in speech development. It was created to be used as a supplemental assessment in conjunction with standardized tests.
Articulation Test Center Pro gives speech pathologists flexibility to test specific areas of speech. The speech sound norms, intelligibility measures and the age at which phonological processes are eliminated are reported in the results and are based on normative data available in the research. All research considered is cited in the app in the results section and in the generated email.
Articulation Test Center Pro has two basic tests, the 'Screener' and the 'Full Test'. The Screener is for quickly screening student’s articulation skills based on age while the Full Test is a customizable test for assessing articulation and phonology proficiency.
**The Screener** lets you select the test based on the age of the child being tested and only sounds that are age appropriate will be presented for testing in the screener. This speeds up test administration time significantly. Not only are the sounds tested age appropriate but the number of stimulus images are age appropriate as well.
**The Full Test** has the flexibility of testing initial sounds, medial sounds, final sounds, initial blends, R sounds, vowels and creating a speech sample. You can test any combination of these options or test them all at once!
- Marking sound omissions, substitutions, distortions and phonological processes is a breeze!
- Add a speech sample with 3 beautiful, illustrated speech scenes to explore!
- Easy to interpret and informative test results in an instant including a full written report!
Testing Features Include:
- Test by age
- Test Initial, Medial and Final Sounds
- Test Vowels, Initial Blends and R sounds
- Mark sounds incorrect or approximate
- Mark sound omissions & substitutions & distortions
- Phonological processes can be marked automatically based on substitutions or omissions
- Reference information for processes & distortions
- Make and save audio recordings
- Add your own norms
- Take notes
- Add a Speech Sample
- Language prompts to facilitate conversation
- Rate intelligibility
- Add student profiles
- View all words tested
- Listen to recordings made
- Review sounds in error by age of development
- Review substitutions made
- Review phonological processes & distortions marked
- Listen to and transcribe speech samples
- Review written summary of results
- Add your own conclusions
- Recommendations based on age
- Email report for parents and student files
- Edit test results
Articulation Test Center Pro makes identifying articulation delays and writing goals quicker and easier! The illustrated speech scenes can also be used for fluency and language samples.
The user friendly design, clear images, beautiful illustrations and informative results will truly make your test days brighter!
- added option for continuous recording. Push the record button once at the beginning of a session and each stimulus card in the session will be recorded!
- bug fixes and optimized performance of the app
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! It is easy to use and makes analyzing evaluations and progress very easy.
Great alternative to GFTA
I use this app as often as I can (meaning, when I don't need a norm-referenced score, which is basically for initial Evans). I like the ability to notate substitutions and phonological processes. It takes a little getting used to, in order to be able to administer it quickly, but once you get used to what and where to access what you need it is a breeze. I would like the option to make multiple notations on a single speech error (if that is possible, I haven't figured out how to make it happen), and also to notate sounds in words that aren't part of the target, since sometimes errors are inconsistent but still worth taking into account--even if it isn't part of the scoring. The report is good, but I would like to be able to use certain parts of the report and not others. Since the recommendations don't always match with my district's ages of mastery, I don't usually give the reports to parents. All in all, I think it is worth the price. Great for a pre-test/post-test, progress reports, and to show data over time for dismissal.
Love this app! Great way to keep little ones engaged during assessments. The preschoolers I work with love the photos as well as the pictures designed to help elicit a spontaneous language sample. I love the recording feature which allows me to focus on keeping the student engaged rather than worrying about real-time transcription. Easy to score and share with parents or other professionals. I would like to see the ability to easily mark glottal stops as well as a way to note more than one phonological process per sound. Overall, this app is a new fave!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.