This is the iOS companion app for the Artiphon INSTRUMENT 1. Connect the INSTRUMENT 1 device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using the provided USB-to-Lightning cable, download the Artiphon app, and immediately start exploring and combining an intuitive palette of musical sounds, techniques, and features.
• Use the Artiphon app to play a custom-built collection of sounds that includes: guitar, violin, piano, drums, ukulele, bass, vibes, wind, bells, organ, electric piano, square wave, sine wave, and triangle wave.
• Design your own instruments by combining techniques, sounds, and tunings, and then save those custom presets to your personal library.
• Use this app to choose the modes and methods for playing your INSTRUMENT 1. Modes include Fretted, Fretless, Grid, and Pad. Methods include Strum, Bow, Slide, Tap, and iBow.
• Use the app to configure and store custom presets that you can then access when connecting your INSTRUMENT 1 to your favorite music software like Ableton Live, GarageBand, Logic, MainStage, Cubase, and more.
• Use the Artiphon app’s built-in arpeggiator to automatically cycle through notes and chords in Fretted, Fretless, Grid, and Pad modes.
• Use the app’s iBow feature to play the INSTRUMENT 1 using your iPhone or iPod as a virtual bow.
• The INSTRUMENT 1 can also be played with any iOS, OS X, or PC program that accepts MIDI. Try the INSTRUMENT 1 with other iOS apps including GarageBand, Animoog, ThumbJam, and dozens more.
• To customize your INSTRUMENT 1 when connecting it to a Mac or PC, download the desktop Preset Editor app from Artiphon.com.
We invite you to report any issues you observe while using the app to: email@example.com. Thanks!
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
New app is buggy
The new update messes up the instrument switching on the iPhone 8. Prior to this update everything worked great. Overall I love the app and instrument, but please fix the software.
No problem here. Everything works as designed. Methods and modes transfer via midi to almost all apps with midi. A must have companion to the I1.
Poor iPhone X support
I was thinking of purchasing an Artiphon, but this app’s UI for iPhone X is just plan messy. You won’t be able to use many of the features because some buttons are not accessible due to poor placement of the controls.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.